Whenever you submit a CV you also need to send a tailored covering letter (or email). It should explain your motivation for that role and organisation and emphasise your relevant skills and experience.
Your covering letters need to:
- Be specific to the role and highlight why you are suitable, refering to your CV where necessary.
- Show you have researched the company and reflect this in your reason for applying.
- Present you in a concise, logical and structured way, that is readable and interesting.
Click on the tabs below for examples of covering letters for:
Placements and internships
- Example covering letter - work experience - international student
- Example covering letter - internship - Ben Matthews
- Example covering letter - placement - Carl Newman
Covering letter examples for international students can be found on our International Students page.