Support for research staff
Research staff can access careers support through Loughborough University's Careers Network.
Whether your desired career is here at Loughborough University or elsewhere, in your current field or something different, we are committed to giving you impartial and independent career development and employability support, advice and guidance to Research Staff.
Our team of coaches can help you to:
- Research your career options, plan and prepare for a tranisition.
- Locate the most relevant, up-to-date careers information.
- Access a wide range of career planning tools.
- Explore options for your next step.
- Receive end of contract careers advice.
We offer a range of services listed below.
Career appointments for research staff
You can book a careers appointment with a member of the Careers Network team.
Career Coaching appointment - to discuss career options - what next after the end of your contract, your next career move or transition
Careers Advice appointment - for a CV or application review
Interview Coaching appointment - if you have been invited to attend an interview and would like some support preparing
Appointments can be made by telephoning (01509) 222765. You will also need to register on our online booking system in order for the booking to be made. To do this visit our Book an appointment page and select Graduates and Research Staff tab.
Resources tailored to researchers’ requirements
- Research Staff Career Development Planner is a guide that supports all stages of your career journey. It is also available in hard copy from the Careers Network, Bridgeman Building.
- Career progression framework for research staff contains some useful downloadable tools to help you think about your career – where are now and where you might like to be.