Our events and seminars
28 February 2019
Presented By Dr Daniela Iacopino, Staff Research in the Nanotechnology Group of the Tyndall National Institute
- Starting with lunch at 12.30pm in the Foyer, followed by talk 1 from 1.00pm to 1:40pm and talk 2 from 1:50pm to 2:30pm in DAV.1.102.
- DAV1.102 Sir David Davies Building
The event is free to attend, however booking is required for catering purposes.
- School of Science staff: Respond to calendar invite sent by Sci-Executive Support
- Anyone from outside the School: Please email Sci-Execsupport@lboro.ac.uk
5 December 2018
Mathematical Sciences Christmas Lecture 2018 - 'Chasing the dragon: tidal bores in the UK and elsewhere'
Presented By Sir Michael Berry, H H Wills Physics Laboratory, University of Bristol
- 6.00pm - 7.00pm
- Brockington Building (room U020)
This event is free to attend. It is a mathematics lecture intended for audiences with university-level mathematical knowledge.
21 September 2018 - 22 September 2018
29 June 2018 - 30 June 2018
8 May 2018
Presented By Professor J Michael Kosterlitz
- WPT002 (West Park Teaching Hub), Loughborough University
- Visit event website
The 2018 Sir Nevill Mott Lecture will be held on Tuesday 08 May, from 17:30, in the West Park Teaching Hub at Loughborough University.
Attendance is free; however, booking is essential.
Refreshments will be provided on arrival.
2 May 2018
Presented By Professor Patricia Fara
6 June 2018
Women in Science seminar: Two (and a Half) Equations that Changed Mathematical Physics (Dr Shabnam Beheshti)
Presented By Dr Shabnam Beheshti
- 12.00 pm - 2.00pm
Free to attend. All welcome.