Ross joined Loughborough in October 2021 from the University of Worcester where he completed both a BSc & MSc in Sports Coaching Science. He has worked predominantly in the areas of Sports Coaching & Pedagogy as both a research assistant and lecturer, to which he is an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA).
Outside of academia, Ross also has extensive experience as a practitioner in sport coaching working across all levels from grassroots to a professional academy, having held positions at West Bromwich Albion FC & Wolverhampton Wanderers FC academies.
Research Title: Identifying & Addressing Racial Inequalities in Sports Coaching
- Representation and racialized barriers experienced by ethnically diverse coaches in coach education & employment
- Implementation and effectiveness of measures designed to address racial inequalities to support the development of ethically diverse coaches
- The potential and realized benefits of cultural diversity in the coaching workplace
- 2015 Academic Scholarship= University of Worcester, School of Sport & Exercise Science
- 2016 Clive Norman Award for Independent Study = University of Worcester
- Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy (AFHEA)
- UEFA B Licence
- FA Youth Award
- Ensor, R. & Mycock, D. (2018) A Comparative Study of Blocked Practice & Games – Based Approaches implications on soccer passing performance. Graduate Journal of Sport, Exercise & Physical Education Research. 8 (S1), pp. S1-135.