The ‘Inspiring Success’ programme, led by Loughborough University London, looks to provide unemployed or underemployed graduates from the Boroughs of Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest with support to learn new skills and market themselves to potential employers.
The programme consists of six evening workshops held at the London campus that cover topics such as positive thinking, networking, and making the most out of LinkedIn.
They are free to attend and are eligible for those who meet the following criteria:
- A graduate with a minimum of a lower second class honours degree from a UK University (or overseas equivalent recognised by Loughborough University);
- Have graduated at least six months prior to the start of the Inspiring Success programme;
- Currently residing in, and have previously taken GCSE or A level qualifications whilst residing in Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest;
- Be currently unemployed or underemployed, earning below £570.90 per week;
- Are willing to become ambassadors of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and actively give back to the community.
Those who wish to attend the workshops can book their place online here.
Attendees who utilise all of the workshops are eligible to apply for one of 10 Inspiring Success scholarships that cover all tuition fees to study a full-time postgraduate course at Loughborough University London.
To be considered for the scholarship, participants must hold a current offer to study a master's programme at Loughborough University London.
Once an offer has been made, the Inspiring Success scholarship application form will need to be submitted before Tuesday 31 July.
Applicants are recommended to demonstrate their academic potential within this, and outline how they wish to develop their local community upon completing their potential degree.
For more on the Inspiring Success workshops and scholarships, visit the dedicated webpage.
Further information on applying to study at Loughborough University London can be found here.