Breathe - Provocations and Panel Discussion
Join us for a lively series of provocations, followed by a panel discussion continuing the exciting interdisciplinary interventions made by the IAS Annual Theme Breathe.
Exploring the scientific, historical, cultural, sociological and ethical dimensions of what it means to breathe, and what this tells us about the world in which we live, the Theme brings international researchers from many fields and disciplines together around issues ranging from the impact of the Covid pandemic, climate change and poor air quality on health, social justice and equity, to the significance of breath to speech, song, communication, design, creativity and life itself.
With presentaions from IAS Visiting Fellows:
- Heather Adair-Rohani, World Health Organisation
- Professor William P. Bahnfleth, Pennsylvania State University
- Dr Hannah Holscher, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Professor Timothy D Mickleborough, Indiana University
- Professor Bill Sheel, University of British Columbia
Contact and booking details
- Kieran Teasdale
- Email address