Postgraduate studentships are available from a variety of government, charitable and industrial sources, and close collaborations exist with industry and research institutes both in the UK and internationally.
Funding sources for our current PhD students are:
- Sports organisations: e.g. English Institute of Sport, England and Wales Cricket Board.
- Medical and health charities: e.g. Arthritis Research UK, British Heart Foundation
- University Studentships (see below)
- Overseas Government funding e.g. Science without Borders in Brazil
- UK government research councils e.g. ESRC Midlands Graduate School
Students are welcome to apply with their own funding for PhD study (pre-defined projects in Performance, Lifestyle and Participation), either through use of personal funds or by securing funding from third-party organisations (employer, government scholarship, industry, charities etc.). Further information on funding, bursaries and studentship for PhD study can be found here.
Information about all Loughborough University funded studentships can be found here.