Dr Simon Pomeroy BSc MSc PhD MIET MIEEE
Lecturer in Communications
Programme Director, Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Born Chichester, West Sussex 1955. First degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering from the University of Birmingham. Worked as a Research Assistant for the High Energy Physics group at Birmingham, then for Linotype Paul Ltd in Cheltenham. Joined Nottingham University in 1983 as Research Assistant, working on modelling and implementation of airborne ultrasonic sensors for industrial robots.
Joined Loughborough University as a lecturer in May 1990
- Modelling electromagnetic compatibility phenomena in motor vehicles
- Application specific processors for TLM and other methods
- Cluster based computing for modelling of large wave propagation problems
- Modelling bioacoustic sonar systems
- Mobile device apps for Android and iOS
- Applications of Drones and mobile technology to offshore operations
ELA010 Programming and Software Design
ELB013 Group Project
ELB014 Software Engineering B (UML)
ELD002 Group Project
Browne, DR, Flint, JA, Pomeroy, SC (2012) Implementing a mobile virtual electromagnetics laboratory, IET Sci. Meas. Technol, 6(5), pp.398-402, DOI:10.1049/iet-smt.2011.0122.
Browne, DR, Pomeroy, SC, Flint, JA, IEEE, (2011) A Framework for Teaching Electromagnetic Concepts Using Mobile Devices A Role for iPhone Apps in Education. In CEM 2011, 2011 IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ANTENNAS AND PROPAGATION (APSURSI), pp.1401-1404, ISBN: 978-1-4244-9561-0.
Browne, DR, Pomeroy, SC, Flint, JA (2010) Loughborough Wave Lab, Full text:http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/loughborough-wave-lab/id402424695?mt=8.