Professor Robert Thomas MPharm, MRPharmS, PhD
Professor of Manufacturing for Cell and Gene Therapies
RCUK Academic Fellow (Biomanufacturing)
- MPharm attained from Nottingham University in 2001.
- Registered with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain in 2002.
- Internship at Pfizer global research and development 2002.
- PhD in tissue engineering obtained from Nottingham University in 2006.
- Appointed Research Associate at Loughborough University in 2006.
- Awarded RCUK Academic Fellowship at Loughborough University in 2007.
Research Interests and Activities
- Production systems and processes for cell based products; Translation to commercial manufacture and clinical use.
- Automated and scaled production; Measurement systems for process control and quality release; defining surface marker, gene expression or other biometric indicator of cell product quality; Enabling current good manufacturing practice (cGMP) compliant manufacturing.
- Optimised growth environments for human stem cells.
Member of UK Stem Cell Network
UK Research Council Fellowship