Dr Nader Dolatabadi PhD MSc BSc
Lecturer in Dynamics and Energy Systems
Nader completed his BSc (2009) and MSc (2012) in Mechanical Engineering. He joined Loughborough University as postgraduate research student in 2012 and received his PhD in Dynamics and Tribology with the focus on NVH and energy efficiency in IC engines (2016).
Nader was postdoc research associate for three years at Loughborough University (2015-2018).
He then became a lecturer in Wolfson School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing.
Outlines of main research interests:
- Dynamics (Multi-body Dynamics, Nonlinear Dynamics, NVH)
- Nanotechnology and Nanofluids (Application in energy management of tribodynamic systems)
- Numerical Analysis (Application in Dynamics and Energy Systems)
- Tribology/contact mechanics
For full list of publications please see:
- Dolatabadi, N., Rahmani, R., Rahnejat, H. and Garner, C.P., 2019. Thermal Conductivity and Molecular Heat Transport of Nanofluids. RSC Advances, Royal Society of Chemistry, 9, pp. 2516-2524.
- Dolatabadi, N., Theodossiades, S. and Rothberg, S.J., 2015. On the identification of piston slap events in internal combustion engines using tribodynamic analysis. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 58, pp.308-324.
- Dolatabadi, N., Littlefair, B., De la Cruz, M., Theodossiades, S., Rothberg, S.J. and Rahnejat, H., 2015. A transient tribodynamic approach for the calculation of internal combustion engine piston slap noise. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 352, pp.192-209.
- Dolatabadi, N., Theodossiades, S. and Rothberg, S.J., 2017. Passive control of piston secondary motion using nonlinear energy absorbers. Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 139(5), p.051009.
- Teo, W., Dolatabadi, N., Rahmani, R., Morris, N. and Rahnejat, H., 2018. Combined Analytical and Experimental Evaluation of Frictional Performance of Lubricated Untextured and Partially Textured Sliders. Lubricants, 6(4), p.88.
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Perkins Engines Ltd.
- Capricorn Automotive
- Aston Martin Lagonda
- BP Castrol
- ES Technology
Reviewer for the following scientific journals:
- Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing
- Journal of Sound and Vibrations
- Proceedings of IMechE, Part K: Journal of Multibody Dynamics
- MDPI – Applied Sciences
- Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing
- Proceedings of IMechE, Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications