Dr Mey Goh PhD in Mechanical Engineering, University of Bristol, UK. BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Tenaga Nasional, Malaysia.
Senior Lecturer in Product Design
Mey joined Loughborough University in 2010. She has a BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering from Universiti Tenaga Nasional, Malaysia and a PhD from University of Bristol, UK. Upon completion of her PhD in 2005, she worked on a multi-university Grand Challenge project on Knowledge and Information Management in Product-Service Systems (KIM) at University of Bath.
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- Member of Design Society
Mey is currently a Senior Lecturer at Loughborough University and the lead academic for the Digital Automation Systems Design Laboratory within the Centre. Her research focus within the Centre is to support design of intelligent automation technologies using a system approach through understanding the human aspects including their knowledge, skills and emotions. More generally, her work addresses risk and uncertainty in the early design of complex, novel and through-life systems. She has also worked with the aerospace, defence, energy and automotive sectors.
Grants and contracts:
- 2018-2021 Royal Academy of Engineering – Visiting Professor in Lean Innovation, Rolls-Royce Ltd.
- 2017-2021 EPSRC National Productivity Investment Fund
- 2017-2022 Platform Grant - EPSRC Embedded Integrated Intelligent Systems for Manufacturing
- 2015-2019 EngD – Cost Modelling Methods for Novel Factory Manufactured Nuclear Power Plants, Manufacturing Technology Engineering Doctorate Centre (MTEDC) and Rolls-Royce Ltd.
- 2011-2016 EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Intelligent Automation
- 2011-2013 Sustaining electronics sector through competitive bidding, Innovative electronics Manufacturing Research Centre (IeMRC)
- 2010-2013 Costing for Avionic Through-Life Availability (CATA), Innovative electronics Manufacturing Research Centre (IeMRC)
Current teaching responsibilities:
- WSB403 Design of Machine Elements
- WSC401 Design Methods and Communication
- WSB504 Application of Product Design
- WSA504 Integrating Studies
Current administrative responsibilities:
- Teaching team lead for Design
- Member of University Senate
- Yee Mey Goh, Simon Micheler, Angel Sanchez-Salas, Keith Case, Daniel Bumblauskas & Radmehr Monfared (2019) A variability taxonomy to support automation decision-making for manufacturing processes, Production Planning & Control, DOI: 10.1080/09537287.2019.1639840
- Amritpal Singh Agar; Martin J Goodfellow; Yee M Goh, Linda B Newnes, Stakeholder Perspectives on the Cost Requirements of Small Modular Reactors, Progress in Nuclear Energy, 112, 2019, 51-62.
- E Setanni, NE Thenent, LB Newnes, G Parry, YM Goh, Mapping a product-service-system delivering defence avionics availability, International Journal of Production Economics, 186, 2017, 21–32.
- Ettore Settanni, Linda Newnes, Nils Thenent, Glenn Parry and Yee Mey Goh. A Through-Life Costing Methodology for Use in Product-Service-Systems, International Journal of Production Economics, 2014, 153, 161–177.
- Rolls-Royce, Derby
- Manufacturing Technology Centre
External roles and appointments:
- External Examiner for BEng, MEng and MSc in Mechanical Engineering at Northumbria University
- Member of NIST Industrial Ontology Foundry
- Member of INTEROP-VLab
- Editor, Special Issue of Production and Manufacturing Research
- Member of EPSRC Peer Review College
- Member, The Consortium of UK University Manufacturing and Engineering (COMEH) Advisory Committee
- Chair of 14th International Conference on Manufacturing Research (ICMR), Loughborough, UK.