About the School
The home of world leading engineering, we have an international reputation for being at the forefront of technological innovation and for maintaining extensive links with industry.
The Wolfson School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering is one of the biggest engineering schools of its kind in the UK. We aim to provide international leadership in research and innovation and an unrivalled educational experience.
Our graduates are testament to our success, helping to provide industry with the skills and knowledge to give them the competitive edge required to succeed in the 21st century.
In addition to holding two prestigious Queen's Anniversary Prize we are home to two EPSRC National Centres, for Innovative Manufacturing in Regenerative Medicine and for Innovative Manufacturing in Intelligent Automation.
Our industrially focused research enables us to work with some of the world’s most renowned engineering companies. Our current research portfolio value is £52 million.
Why choose us?
- Top 5 in the UK for Mechanical Engineering, The Guardian University Guide 2019
- Top 10 in the UK for Electronic and Electrical Engineering, The Guardian University Guide 2019
- 96% graduate employability1, average starting salaries over £27,0002
- Unrivalled industry links – We send over 15% more engineering students on engineering year-long placements than any other UK universit (2016/17 HESA UG Student Record: Engineering & Technology).
- Top 3 in the UK for overall quality of research in aeronautical, mechanical, chemical, and manufacturing engineering (*REF UoA B12, based on GPA x volume)
- £50 million Manufacturing and Sports Technology Research Centre
- £15 million Sports Technology Institute
1. DLHE, 2016 graduates. % of graduates in employment and/or further study. UK only (no CI), excludes 'other'. Full-time & part-time employment or study. From Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering statistics.
2. DLHE, 2016 graduates. UK & CI only. Full-time graduate level employment or self-employed. From Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Statistics.