About the School
The home of world leading engineering, we have an international reputation for being at the forefront of technological innovation and for maintaining extensive links with industry.
The Wolfson School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering is one of the biggest engineering schools of its kind in the UK. We aim to provide international leadership in research and innovation and an unrivalled educational experience.
Our graduates are testament to our success, helping to provide industry with the skills and knowledge to give them the competitive edge required to succeed in the 21st century.
In addition to holding two prestigious Queen's Anniversary Prize we are home to two EPSRC National Centres, for Innovative Manufacturing in Regenerative Medicine and for Innovative Manufacturing in Intelligent Automation.
Our industrially focused research enables us to work with some of the world’s most renowned engineering companies. Our current research portfolio value is £45 million.
Why choose us?
- 5th in the UK for Mechanical Engineering, The Guardian University Guide 2021
- Top 10 in the UK for Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering, The Complete University Guide 2021
- Top 15 in the UK for Electronic and Electrical Engineering, The Guardian University Guide 2021
- 1st in the world for sports-related subjects, QS World Rankings by Subject 2021
- Unrivalled industry links – We send over 15% more engineering students on engineering year-long placements than any other UK university (2016/17 HESA UG Student Record: Engineering & Technology).
- Top 3 in the UK for overall quality of research in aeronautical, mechanical, chemical, and manufacturing engineering (*REF UoA B12, based on GPA x volume)