The Mathematics Education Centre is advertising two PhD studentships for an October 2019 start. Both are collaborative studentships funded by the ESRC Midlands Graduate School and include funding for a research-methods masters for those who have not already studied such a course.
The MEC is a great place to study. Details on our existing students and research environment more generally can be found in the Research section of the website.
PROJECT 1 in collaboration with Times Tables Rock Stars
- Optimising learning of multiplication and division facts in schoolchildren
- Supervisors: Camilla Gilmore and Lucy Cragg (Nottingham)
- Deadline: 28 February 2019
PROJECT 2 in collaboration with Mathematics in Education and Industry (MEI)
- Reasoning skills in post-16 mathematics students
- Supervisors: Lara Alcock and Nina Attridge
- Deadline: 29 March 2019