Dr Carole Raymond BSc, PhD
Visiting Research Fellow
Carole read for a BSc in Applied Physics at the Portsmouth Polytechnic between 1986-1990. She then worked at GEC Avionics in Rochester for a year, as a Systems Engineer. Following this she became a Research Assistant and part-time PhD Student at the Department of Materials, Loughborough University. She gained her PhD in 1997 from the same institution. She now works part time within the department as a Visiting Research Fellow.
- BSc (Hons) Applied Physics, Portsmouth Polytechnic
- PhD, Materials Department, Loughborough University
Outline of main research interests:
- Optical microscopy and spectroscopy of polymers form her main area of work. This involves failure analysis of polymer parts.
- Other research interests include all aspects of polymer processing and physical testing.
Current teaching responsibilities:
- MPP551 Advanced Characterisation Techniques