Research and expertise
My research focuses on digital construction and providing sustainable buildings for a better-built environment. Specifically, my research interests cover applying digital technologies such as building information modelling (BIM), digital twins, and artificial intelligence to advance sustainable construction processes, construction circular economy, low-carbon buildings, and off-site construction.
I am interested in the research relating to:
- Digital construction supply chain
- Circular economy in construction
- Low-carbon buildings and processes
- Digital twins for carbon emissions in construction
- Off-site construction and modern methods of construction
- Construction technology adoption dynamics
I have collaborated with scholars and industry partners on various multidisciplinary research works across different countries and regions. Research areas I have collaborated on include green retrofitting of existing buildings, heritage building maintenance management, green buildings, health and safety in construction, construction and demolition waste, and construction partnership management. I have several publications in reputable journals and have presented my works at international conferences.
Inquiries on pursuing a PhD in the areas of my research interests are highly welcome.
Recent research projects
- Building information modelling-based system for assessing low-carbon building supply chain
- Yevu, S. K., Owusu, E. K., Chan, A. P. C., Sepasgozar, S. M. E. and Kamat, V. R. (2023). Digital twin-enabled prefabrication supply chain for smart construction and carbon emissions evaluation in building projects. Journal of Building Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jobe.2023.107598
- Yevu, S. K., Yu A. T. W., Adinyira, E., Darko, A. and Antwi-Afari, M. F (2022). Optimizing the application of strategies promoting electronic procurement systems towards sustainable construction in the building lifecycle: A neurofuzzy model approach. Journal of Cleaner Production, 336, 130343. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2021.130343
- Yevu, S. K., Yu, A. T. W., Darko, A., Nani, G., & Edwards, D. J. (2022). Modeling the influence patterns of barriers to electronic procurement technology usage in construction projects. Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management. https://doi.org/10.1108/ECAM-01-2021-0013
- Yevu, S. K., Owusu, E. K., Chan, A. P., Oti-Sarpong, K., Wuni, I. Y., & Tetteh, M. O. (2023). Systematic review on the integration of building information modelling and prefabrication construction for low-carbon building delivery. Building Research & Information, 51(3), 279-300. https://doi.org/10.1080/09613218.2022.2131504
- Yevu, S. K., Yu A. T. W., Darko, A., and Addy M. N. (2021). Evaluation model for influences of driving forces for electronic procurement systems application in construction projects. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 147(8), 04021076. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CO.1943-7862.0002107
I contribute to learning and teaching activities across the School’s programmes including:
- Construction Contract Management
- Carbon Modelling and Management
- Contract Management
Before joining Loughborough University, I was a Postdoctoral Fellow at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and I also obtained my PhD in Building and Real Estate from the same University. I have a Master of Philosophy degree and a BSc (First Class Honours) degree in Building Technology from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
I have worked previously as a construction project manager and a quantity surveyor on various construction projects with diverse groups of local and international professionals. My current research interest explores digital technologies for solutions in the areas of construction circular economy, low-carbon buildings or processes, and modular construction.
- Scientific Committee/Workshop Member - CIB Students Chapter Postgraduate Conference, Department of Building and Real Estate, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, September 2019
- Expert reviewer for several international journals including The Journal of Cleaner Production, Environment Systems and Decisions, Engineering, Construction & Architectural Management, International Journal of Construction Management, Buildings and Applied Sciences
- Coordinator - 1st National Construction Summit, Department of Construction Technology and Management, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana, September 2018