Research and expertise
I completed my BSc in architectural engineering (2015), and my MA in Architectural studies (2018) at Tehran University, Iran. My research is in the area of domestic spaces and gendered spaces.
Current research activity
I am working on a PhD studentship, funded by the School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering (ABCE) at Loughborough University. My research topic is: “Women and Architecture of Domestic Space: Practices of power on home spaces and women’s spatial experiences”. The aim of my research is to investigate the role of modernity/power in shaping women's everyday experiences, and revealing the spatial practices of them in Iran.
Recently completed research projects
- Anthropology of Domestic Space: A Typology of Azerbaijan Houses based on lifestyle Between 1941-1979; Case Studies of Malekan, Bonab, and Maragheh.
- Architectural History and Theory
- Architectural Humanities
- Domestic space and everyday life
- 2023 - In edited book 'Region’ by Simon Richards, Cagri Sanliturk, Robert Schmidt III, Falli Palaiologou. Part 2: CONTESTED REGIONS; Chapter 9: The implications of power on the status of women in society and its reciprocal relationship with the home space in Azerbaijan, Iran. ISBN 9781032422978.https://www.routledge.com/Region/Richards-Sanliturk-III-Palaiologou/p/book/9781032422978
- Maleki.A,N, Andaroodi,E., Mazaherian,H., Khaghani,S.“A typology of Azerbaijan houses between 1941-1979; Case studies of Malekan, Bonab, and Maraghe” Journal of Architectural Thought,Ghazvin,Iran.
- Maleki.A,N., Tasdighi,Sh., Andaroodi,E. “Modeling the decoration of historic buildings by close range photogrammetry (the northern Mogharnas of Masoudiyeh mansion)” in the 2nd national conference on documenting new natural and cultural heritage at Shahid Rajaei university,Tehran, Iran.
I contribute to learning and teaching activities across the Schools programmes including:
- 22CVA059 - Architectural History
Since joining Loughborough University, I have been involved in different activities. I am the Doctoral Rep (DR) for the Architecture group, and the Hub committee chair for the School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering, 2022/23. I am also a sub warden for Rutherford Hall (2023- ongoing).
Before joining Loughborough University, I worked as an architectural researcher at the “EBA-M” architecture company, in Tehran, Iran on several projects.
I also contribute as a teaching assistant at Tehran University for the “New methods and technologies in documenting and historiography of Iranian Architecture course” module.