Research and expertise
My research interests lie primarily in traffic safety, majorly focused on the safety of vulnerable road users (pedestrians and cyclists), road user behaviour analysis, and human factors in transport engineering.
Additionally, my current research relates to connected and automated vehicles (CAVs), with a focus on understanding pedestrians' behavioural intention to cross the road in mixed traffic of traditional vehicles and CAVs, the interaction between these vehicles and vulnerable road users, and the modelling pedestrians' road crossing decisions in mixed traffic conditions.
Current research activity
- Modelling the pedestrian road crossing behaviour in the presence of autonomous vehicles
Recently completed research projects
- Application of V2X technology in road safety in India
- Evaluation of pedestrian safety at an un-signalized intersection in India using trajectory-based data
I contribute to learning and teaching activities as a teaching assistant and Part A module tutor in the school for programmes including:
- CVA121 Principles of law and economics in the built environment
I am a Doctoral Researcher in the Transport and Urban Planning Group (TUPG) at the School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering of Loughborough University.
I work in the area of traffic safety and road user behaviour analysis with an emphasis on vulnerable road users(VRUs). I am actively involved in volunteering activities across the university. I have served as the Doctoral researcher Rep (DR) Rep for the transport and urban planning group in 2021/22 and currently serving as DR Lead Rep for the School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering and DR Rep for the International Student Experience Working Group for 2022/23. I am also volunteering as Hall Subwarden for Telford Hall.
I have a Bachelor of Technology(BTech) degree in Civil Engineering from SPSU, Udaipur, India, and a Master of Technology(MTech) in Transportation Engineering from VNIT, Nagpur, India. Before joining PhD at Loughborough University, I worked as a Site Engineering at JMES, Rajasthan India from 2016-17 and also worked with Transport Group at IIT Hyderabad and Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan on a research project to understand the applications of V2X technology in India.
- Student Member, Institute of Transportation Engineers, 2022 - Present
- Student Member, Institution of Civil Engineers, 2022 - Present
- Recipient of Post Graduate Scholarship by Govt. of India (2018-20)
My research and enterprise activities are conducted with a range of academic and stakeholder partners, including:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, India
- Suzuki Motors Corporation, Japan