Research and expertise
- The automatic synthesis of optimum HVAC System configurations for minimum energy use (funded by ASHRAE).
- The simultaneous optimization of building fabric construction, HVAC system capacity, and the HVAC system supervisory control strategy (funded by the EPSRC).
- The multi-criterion optimum design of buildings (funded by the EPSRC).
- First principle model-based fault detection and diagnosis of HVAC system operation (funded by ASHRAE).
- Model-based commissioning of HVAC systems (PhD studentship).
- Uncertainty analysis of a HVAC sub-system (PhD studentship).
- Model-based optimum superviroy control of fabric-thermal stroage systems (PhD studentship).
- Modelling and optimum control of a sub-dewpoint chilled beam system (PhD studentship).
Firth, S, Howard, B, Wright, J (2018) OPEN SCIENCE BUILDING STOCK MODELLING: AN EXAMPLE USING GBXML, OPENBUILDING AND ENERGYPLUS. In uSim 2018, Glasgow, UK.
Vatougiou, P, Wright, J, Loveday, D, He, M (2018) The heating performance of air-source-heat-pumps in the retrofit of domestic buildings. In, Cambridge, pp.374-381.
Wang, M, Wright, J, Brownlee, AEI, Buswell, R (2016) A comparison of approaches to stepwise regression on variables sensitivities in building simulation and analysis, Energy and Buildings, ISSN: 1872-6178. DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2016.05.065.
- Editorial Board member of Building and Environment
- Editorial Board member of the Journal of Building Performance Simulation
I was educated at Loughborough University of Technology. I joined Liverpool University as a Lecturer in 1987 and returned to Loughborough University in 1991. I was promoted to Professor in 2007.
Broad interests and expertise
- The application of Evolutionary Algorithms in the model-based optimum design and control of buildings.
- Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Member of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers
- Member of the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers