Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering Short Courses for Industry CPD
- Entry requirements:
- Please contact to discuss
- Not available
- 5 days to 1 semester
- Start date:
- UK/EU fees:
- International fees:
in the UK for Mechanical Engineering
The Complete University Guide 2018
in the UK for Research Quality
Each of our Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering Short Courses is a module from one of our MSc Programmes. If your preferred course is taken with an assessment, you could gain module credits towards a postgraduate qualification.
What makes this programme different?
- Access to world-class University facilities and expertise
- Requires only a short period away from the workplace
- Opportunities to progress onto a postgraduate qualification
- Flexible learning options, including distance learning for some courses
Who should study this programme?
These courses are designed for engineering professionals or businesses looking to upskill or refresh their knowledge in a particular area of mechanical, electrical or manufacturing engineering.
To get the most from our courses, you need to be a science or engineering graduate, or equivalent who is working in a relevant industry. Please contact the department directly to discuss.
English Language Requirements
What you'll study
For the latest information on our upcoming range of courses, please visit our Short Courses Calendar.
- Renewables: Energy Storage
- Renewables: Energy System Investment and Risk Management
- Renewables: Integration of Renewables
- Renewables: Biomass
- Renewables: Solar 1
- Renewables: Water Power
- Renewables: Wind 1
- Renewables: Solar Power
- Renewables: Wind Power 1
- Renewables: Wind Power
- Communication Channels
- Communication Network Security
- Communication Networks
- Communication: Digital Signal Processing for Software Defined Radio
- Communication: Information Theory and Coding
- Communication: Mobile Network Technologies
- Communication: Fundamentals of Digital Signal Processing
- Communication: Personal Radio Communications
- Systems Engineering Essentials
- Systems: Engineering and Management of Capability
- Systems:Sensors and Actuators For Control
- Systems Architecture
- Systems: Holistic Engineering
- Systems Design
- Systems: Understanding Complexity
- Systems: Validation and Verification
How you'll study
Your personal and professional development
The School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering is committed to helping you develop the skills and attributes you need to take the next step in your professional engineering career.
Future career prospects
It is expected that students undertaking short courses will already be working in the industry. Therefore, students may be seeking to expand their skills and knowledge with a view to obtaining a promotion or enhancing their employability.
Fees and funding
The fee will depend on the course you choose. Please take a look at the short courses we have available and then contact the department directly to discuss.