Loughborough campus visit opportunities
Experience our outstanding campus and find out more about what Loughborough has to offer by coming along to one of our postgraduate open events.
Bookings for this event are not yet open, you can book your place shortly
When: Saturday 23rd September, from 9.30am - 12.30pm
Where: Graduate House (Angela Marmont Building) is centrally located on campus is a home-from-home on campus for postgraduate students.
What to expect on the day:
The whole campus is open for you to explore, you can join us any time between 9.30am - 12.30pm at Graduate House for a drink and a chat with current postgraduate students. There will be staff from Admissions to answer any questions you might have. Following your visit to Graduate House you can then explore the campus either on foot or there are frequent (free) buses to get you around the campus. We will give you a full Open Day Guide which will list talks, tours and include a map of the campus.
At Graduate House you can:
- Join us for refreshments any time between 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Chat to our current postgraduate students about what doing a Master's or PhD is really like
- Speak to our admissions staff, who can advise you on your application and more
- See first hand Graduate House - our dedicated social and work space for postgraduates
Whilst touring the campus you can:
- *Take a departmental tour, hear talks and presentations
- Find out more about accommodation options and view halls of residence
- Tour our world-class sports facilities
- Visit the exhibition of student support services, including careers advice
- Explore our state-of-the-art library and our award winning Students' Union
Getting to our campus is simple - we’re in the heart of the East Midlands with great links to the rest of the UK, find information here.
Please note that academic staff from postgraduate programmes are NOT available at the Coffee Morning.*Our Coffee Mornings are run in conjunction with the University’s Undergraduate Open Day and any presentations or talks will be primarily aimed at an undergraduate student audience, however almost all of our academic staff teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to speak to staff that teach your particular programme, however staff from your respective schools and departments will be available.
We hold a number of Postgraduate Open Evenings throughout the year, so you can get an insight into what it is like to study as a postgraduate student at our Loughborough campus.
At this event you can:
- Discover the taught programmes and research opportunities available
- Discuss your interests with representatives from each school or institute
- Get one-to-one advice about skills development, work experience, placements, internships and more
- Speak to current postgraduate students about their own experiences
- Learn more about the admissions process and financing your studies
The next Postgraduate Open Evening will be on Wednesday 8th November, you will be able to book your place soon. If you have registered for email alerts we will contact you once the bookings are open. You can register your interest here.
There will also be an Open Evening in May 2018, the date is to be announced shortly.
Interested in a PhD?
Students who are interested in studying a PhD are very welcome to attend the open evening or coffee morning, but we recommend that before doing so they contact the department they are interested in to discuss their ideas and the opportunities available.
How to find a supervisor
You may be able to make an appointment to meet with your potential supervisor at a mutually convenient time.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about any of our events, please contact the Postgraduate Recruitment Team by email or phone us on +44 (0)1509 222 834