The University's Planning Team provide support for all of the University’s major planning processes.
Our responsibilities fall under three main headings:
Development and Delivery of University Strategy: Building Excellence
- Working with the VC, Provost and ALT on the preparation and development of University strategy
- Working with members of ALT to move the strategy forward
- Working with Schools and Professional Services across the University to ensure that the University’s major strategic objectives are met
- Monitoring the internal and external factors that could affect the future development of the University
- Providing information, advice and guidance on Higher Education policy issues
Support for the Planning & Resource Allocation Process
- Co-ordinating the departmental development planning process.
- Working with the Finance Office on the development of the University’s business plans and budget
- Managing the staff approval process
- Managing the project procedures and providing support for major University projects
- Establishing effective monitoring processes so that progress can be measured.
- Supporting key University Planning Committees
Provision of Management Information
- Preparing a wide range of complex funding and other statistical returns for external agencies
- Developing detailed management information to support the University’s planning processes including student population and load projections and SSRs
- Analysing published statistical data including league tables and advising on the action needed to improve performance
- Producing benchmarked data and KPIs
We work closely with staff in the Finance Office, the Academic Registry, Facilities Management and Human Resources. The Director of Planning reports to the Provost.