- General information
- Occupancy & costs
- Support & contacts
Named after Sir Henry Royce, founder member of Rolls Royce Ltd, a pioneer of aeronautical engineering in education. Located in the Student Village, it consists of nineteen accommodation blocks of two and three storeys.
It's got it all; social life, banter, sport and a great hall spirit. I love it!
David McGowan, 19, Sociology
Student types: Undergraduate and ERASMUS - 2 semesters
- 2 - 8 students share a kitchenette
- Standard (wash hand basin) rooms: 2 - 8 students share bathroom facilities
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite: 2 students share adjacent bathroom
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and 4ft beds (double bedding recommended)
- Fully catered Mon to Fri - 15 meals per week (reduced during vacation periods) - further catering information
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Kitchens cleaned weekly
- Communal toilets and showers cleaned daily
- Communal areas cleaned weekly
- Large common/games room - Freeview TV, table football, darts and more (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Card/Mobile App operated laundrette
- Bike shed
This hall is owned and managed by Campus Living, Loughborough University.
Located in the VILLAGE area of campus
Occupancy and costs
Accommodation packages available for 2016/17
- Standard rooms for 39 weeks @ £5,658.32*
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £6,441.46*
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £6,644.23*
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and 4ft bed, for 39 weeks @ £6,718.23*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Tuesday 27 September 2016
- New Undergraduates: Tuesday 27 September 2016
- Returning Students: Sunday 02 October 2016
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 05 February 2017
39 weeks let: 2 October 2016 – 1 July 2017
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 03 February 2017 (Semester 1 students)
- Saturday 01 July 2017 (Semester 2 and full year students)
Support and contacts
Our Hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hall Manager: June Newton
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223880 or 223838
Please contact the Front of House Manager/Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements
Front of House Manager: Denise Beswick
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223829
Chef: Harry Pond
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223828
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Dr Mark King
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 222273
- Mr Constantine Marlas
- Mr Edward Cerny
- Mr Stuart McErlain-Naylor
Duty Mobile: 07960511767
The Student Hall Committee is at the centre and pulse of hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students. For more information please look at the Hall website.
Hall Subs: Students are required to pay a subscription to the Student Hall Committee to support the activities of the Hall, usually collected on arrival.
This is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and maintained by the students on the Hall Committee.
Loughborough University accepts no liability for the content of this website.
All halls have their own facebook page. All new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.