- General information
- Occupancy & costs
- Support & contacts
This hall is named after the renowned scientist and former Director of the Royal Institution, Michael Faraday. Faraday lies on the southern side of the Student Village, consisting of twenty seven accommodation blocks of two and three storeys.
Hall News for 2013-14: Faraday will increase in size by expanding into the original Telford blocks - extra kitchen facilities and more en-suite rooms!
Life in Faraday has the perfect balance between sport, social life and study. Everybody is so friendly, I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else.
Lucy Calori, 21, Politics & Economics
Student types: Undergraduate and ERASMUS - 2 semesters
Hall News: For 2013-14, Faraday will increase in size by expandind into the original Telford blocks - extra kitchen facilites and more en-suite rooms!
- 4 - 7 students share a kitchenette
- 2 - 8 students share kitchen (extra facilities blocks)
- Standard (wash hand basin) rooms: 4 - 7 students share a bathroom (extra facilities blocks - available with additional kitchen/dining facilities)
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (extra facilities blocks - available with additional kitchen/dining facilities)
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and 4ft beds (double bedding recommended)
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite: 2 students share adjacent bathroom - some with 4ft beds
- Fully catered Monday to Friday (reduced during vacation periods) - further catering information
- Large common/games room - Freeview TV, DVD, table football, pool table, darts and more (facilities subject to change)
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning - communal areas cleaned weekly
- Card/coin operated laundrette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike sheds
This hall is owned and managed by Campus Living, Loughborough University.
Located in the VILLAGE area of campus
Occupancy and costs
Accommodation packages available for 2013/14
- Standard rooms for 39 weeks @ £5,261.40 (plus £81.30 fee for fresher week)*
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £5,975.50 (plus £92.30 fee for fresher week)*
- Single (4ft bed) bedrooms with shared en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £6,123.50 (plus £94.60 fee for fresher week)
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £6,160.50 (plus £95.10 fee for fresher week)*
- Single (4ft bed) bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £6,308.50 (plus £97.40 fee for fresher week)
*Extra facilities blocks - available with extra kitchen/dining facilities for additional cost of £74 per annum
Hall Subs for 2013/2014: to be confirmed
Arrival Dates 2013/14:
- New Undergraduates: Wednesday 25 September 2013
- Returning Students: Sunday 29 September 2013
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 2 February 2014
39 weeks let: 29 September 2013 - 28 June 2014
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 31 January 2014 (Semester 1 students)
- Saturday 29 June 2014 (Semester 2 and full year students)
Support and contacts
Our Hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your Hall.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hall Manager: Carl Cooke
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223880 or 223833
Please contact the Front of House Manager/Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Clare Pinchess
Phone: 01509 222271
- Miss Jen Stock
- Miss Clare Holley
- Mr Chris Peploe
Duty mobile: 07583803715
The Student Hall Committee is at the centre and pulse of hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students. For more information please look at the Hall website.
Hall Subs: Students are required to pay a subscription to the Student Hall Committee to support the activities of the Hall, usually collected on arrival.