- General information
- Occupancy & costs
- Support & contacts
This hall is named after the renowned scientist and former Director of the Royal Institution, Michael Faraday. Faraday lies on the southern side of the Student Village, consisting of twenty seven accommodation blocks of two and three storeys.
Life in Faraday has the perfect balance between sport, social life and study. Everybody is so friendly, I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else.
Lucy Calori, 21, Politics & Economics
Student types: Undergraduate and ERASMUS - 2 semesters
- 4 - 7 students share a kitchenette
- 2 - 8 students share kitchen (extra facilities blocks)
- Standard (wash hand basin) rooms: 4 - 7 students share a bathroom (extra facilities blocks - available with additional kitchen/dining facilities)
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (extra facilities blocks - available with additional kitchen/dining facilities)
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and 4ft beds (double bedding recommended)
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite: 2 students share adjacent bathroom - some with 4ft beds
- Quiet rooms availbale
- Fully catered Monday to Friday (reduced during vacation periods) - further catering information
- Large common/games room - Freeview TV, DVD, table football, pool table, darts and more (facilities subject to change)
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Kitchens cleaned weekly
- Communal toilets and showers cleaned daily
- Communal areas cleaned weekly
- Card/coin operated laundrette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike sheds
This hall is owned and managed by Campus Living, Loughborough University.
Located in the VILLAGE area of campus
Occupancy and costs
Accommodation packages available for 2016-17
- Standard bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £5,658.32*
- Standard bedrooms Extra** for 39 weeks @ £5,732.32*
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £6,441.46*
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite bathroom Extra** @ £6,515.46*
- Single bedrooms (4ft bed) with shared en-suite bathroom Extra** @ £6,589.46*
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £6,644.23*
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom Extra** for 39 weeks @ £6,718.23*
- Single bedrooms (4ft bed) with en-suite bathroom Extra** for 39 weeks @ £6,792.23*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Wednesday 28 September 2016
**Extra facilities blocks - available with extra kitchen/dining facilities
- New Undergraduates: Wednesday 28 September 2016
- Returning Students: 02 October 2016
- Semester 2 students: 05 February 2017
39 weeks let: 02 October 2016 - 01 July 2017
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 03 February 2017 (Semester 1 students)
- Saturday 01 July 2017 (Semester 2 and full year students)
Support and contacts
Our Hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your Hall.
For general enquiries email: email@example.com
Hall Manager: Carl Cooke
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223833 or 228506
Please contact the Front of House Manager/Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Clare Pinchess
Phone: 01509 222271
- Mr Emmanuel Kimuli
- Mr William Hush
- Miss Danielle Pearson
Duty mobile: 07583803715
The Student Hall Committee is at the centre and pulse of hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students. For more information please look at the Hall website.
Hall Subs: Students are required to pay a subscription to the Student Hall Committee to support the activities of the Hall, usually collected on arrival.
This is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and maintained by the students on the Hall Committee.
Loughborough University accepts no liability for the content of this website.
All halls have their own facebook page. All new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.