Halls of residence
Named after the eminent physicist Ernest Rutherford. Located in the Student Village.
There are 17 blocks differing in size, rooms are mainly arranged around a central corridor, plus the Whitworth Tower building.
- Bedrooms: 304
- Catering: Catered
- Student Types: Undergraduate, Art and Design Foundation
- Location: Village
At Rutherford you will find:
- 2-8 students share a kitchenette facilities (number sharing facilities is higher in the larger blocks)
- Block 5: 13-14 students share small kitchenette
- Standard (wash hand basin) rooms: 4 - 7 students share bathroom facilities
- Standard (wash hand basin) rooms in Whitworth Tower: 8-10 students share kitchenette and bathroom facilities (1 x shower & 2 x toilets). More students share the facilities (but get a large bedroom with a good view)
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite: 2 students share adjacent bathroom
- Quiet rooms available
- Fully catered Mon - Fri (reduced during vacation periods)
- Large common/games room - Freeview TV, table football, darts and more (facilities subject to change)
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning (under review for 2018/19)
- Kitchenettes cleaned weekly
- Communal toilets and showers cleaned daily (Monday to Friday)
- Communal areas cleaned weekly
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Card/mobile app operated laundrette
- Bike shed
Accommodation packages available for 2017/18:
- Standard bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £5,814.66*
- Standard bedrooms (small kitchen) for 39 weeks @ £5,740.55*
- Standard bedrooms (Whitworth Tower) for 39 weeks @ £5,629.66
- Small bedroom (Whitworth Tower) for 39 weeks @ £5,184.47
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £6,622.94*
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £6,832.22*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Thursday 28 September 2017
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Rutherford Hall page.
- New undergraduates: Thursday 28 September 2017
- Returning students: Sunday 01 October 2017
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 04 February 2018
39 weeks let: 28 September 2017 -30 June 2018
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 02 February 2018 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 30 June 2018 (semester 2 and full year students)
Our hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hall Manager: June Newton
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223880 or 223838
Please contact the Front of House Manager/Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements.
Front of House Manager: Marilena Cipolla
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223888
Chef: Alan Pervin
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223820
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Dr Matthew Frost
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222274
Miss Precious Kaijuka
Mr Dan Haspel
Mr Lorenzo Tinari
Duty Mobile: 07513019630
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.