Halls of residence
Named after Sir Henry Royce, founder member of Rolls Royce Ltd, a pioneer of aeronautical engineering in education.
At Royce you will find:
- 2 - 8 students share a kitchenette (number sharing facilities is higher in some larger blocks)
- Standard (wash hand basin) rooms: 2 - 8 students share bathroom facilities
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite: 2 students share adjacent bathroom
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and 4ft beds (double bedding recommended)
- Fully catered Mon to Fri - 15 meals per week (reduced during vacation periods)
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Kitchenettes cleaned weekly
- Communal toilets and showers cleaned daily (Monday to Friday)
- Communal areas cleaned weekly
- Large common/games room - Freeview TV, table football, darts and more (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Card/mobile app operated laundrette
- Bike shed
Accommodation packages available for 2018/19:
- Standard rooms for 39 weeks @ £6,054.06*
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £6,896.70*
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £7,114.87*
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and 4ft bed, for 39 weeks @ £7,194.49*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Tuesday 25 September 2018
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Royce Hall page.
- New undergraduates: Tuesday 25 September 2018
- Returning students: Sunday 30 September 2018
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 03 February 2019
39 weeks let: 30 September 2018 – 29 June 2019
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 01 February 2019 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 29 June 2019 (semester 2 and full year students)
Our hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hall Manager: June Newton
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223880 or 223838
Please contact the Front of House Manager/Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements.
Front of House Manager: Denise Beswick
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223829
Chef: Aldo Guarasci
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223828
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Dr Mark King
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 222273
Mr Constantine Marlas
Mr Edward Cerny
Mr Stuart McErlain-Naylor
Duty Mobile: 07960511767
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own Facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.