Halls of residence
Situated approximately a 10 minute walk from the centre of campus, off Forest Road; 15 minutes walk from the town centre.
The Holt comprises of redeveloped accommodation, owned and managed by our partners, Unite Students. The Old Holt is a listed Victorian mansion around which the development was constructed.
- Bedrooms: 261
- Catering: Self-catered
- Student Types: Undergraduate
- Location: East
At The Holt you will find:
A cluster of five three storey blocks surround The Old Holt, a Victorian building set in it's own grounds, only a short walk from the busy campus. 3-6 students share large dining kitchens.
- En-suite rooms
- 3 x 2 bedroom bungalows
- Most beds are 4ft (double bedding recommended - pillows NOT provided)
- Weekly cleaning to stairwells, corridors, common rooms and communal areas
- No cleaning in studios or en-suite bedrooms
- Quiet rooms available
- Large common/games rooms - freeview TV area, snooker and pool tables, football table and dartboard (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless network
- Bike sheds (bicycles stored at this hall are not covered under the University or Unite block insurance policy)
- Limited parking available with University permit or through Unite Students
- Coin operated launderette
Accommodation packages available for 2017/18:
- Single bedrooms (4ft bed) with en-suite bathroom for 41 weeks @ £5,381.84*
- Large bedrooms (4ft bed) with en-suite bathroom for 41 weeks @ £5,955.48*
- One bedroom(4ft bed) in 2 bedroom bungalow for 41 weeks @ £,5206.83*
- Studio flat for 41 weeks @ £6,140.13*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Thursday 28 September 2017
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Holt Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Thursday 28 September 2017
- Returning students: Sunday 01 October 2017
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 04 February 2018
41 weeks let: 28 September 2017 – 14 July 2018
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 02 February 2018 (semester 1 students).
- Saturday 14 July 2018 (semester 2 and full year students)
Your Hall Manager is responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
Hall Manager: Annie Cunningham
Phone: +44 (0)1509 268342
This service provider is affiliated to The Accreditation Network UK (ANUK)
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Miss Emma Bagley
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 222282
Ms Aysa Barutcu
Mr Ali Badiei
Mr Dayle Childs
Duty Mobile: 07402079663
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own Facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.