Halls of residence
This hall is named after the renowned scientist and former Director of the Royal Institution, Michael Faraday.
Faraday lies in the village area of campus, consisting of 27 accommodation blocks of two and three storeys.
- Bedrooms: 367
- Catering: Catered
- Student types: Undergraduate
- Location: Village
At Faraday you will find:
- 2 - 7 students share a kitchenette (number sharing facilities is higher in the larger blocks)
- 4 - 8 students share kitchen* (extra facilities blocks)
- Standard (wash hand basin) rooms*: 4 - 7 students share bathroom facilities
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom*
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom and 4ft beds* (double bedding recommended)
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite*: 2 students share adjacent bathroom - some with 4ft beds
- Quiet rooms availbale
- Fully catered Monday to Friday (reduced during vacation periods)
- Large common/games room - Freeview TV, DVD, table football, pool table, darts and more (facilities subject to change)
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Kitchenettes/kitchens cleaned weekly
- Communal toilets and showers cleaned daily (Monday to Friday)
- Communal areas cleaned weekly
- Card/mobile app operated laundrette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike sheds
* Extra facilities blocks available with additional kitchen/dining facilities
Accommodation packages available for 2017-18:
- Standard bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £5,814.66*
- Standard bedrooms Extra** for 39 weeks @ £5,891.03*
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £6,622.94*
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite bathroom Extra** @ £6,699.31*
- Single bedrooms (4ft bed) with shared en-suite bathroom Extra** @ £6,775.70*
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £6,832.22*
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom Extra** for 39 weeks @ £6,908.59*
- Single bedrooms (4ft bed) with en-suite bathroom Extra** for 39 weeks @ £6,984.97*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Wednesday 27 September 2017
**Extra facilities blocks - available with extra kitchen/dining facilities
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Faraday Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Wednesday 27 September 2017
- Returning students: Sunday 01 October 2017
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 04 February 2018
39 weeks let: 27 September 2017 - 30 June 2018
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 02 February 2018 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 30 June (semester 2 and full year students)
Our Hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: email@example.com
Please contact the Front of House Manager/Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements.
Front of House Manager: Denise Beswick
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223829
Chef: Harry Pond
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223828
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Clare Pinchess
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222271
Mr Emmanuel Kimuli
Mr William Huish
Miss Laura Crawford
Duty mobile: 07583803715
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.