Halls of residence
This lively friendly hall takes its name from Professor Elvyn Richards, the University's second Vice-Chancellor from 1967 to 1975.
Elvyn Richards is located in the popular student village. This hall is owned by UPP and managed by Campus Living, Loughborough University.
- Bedrooms: 406
- Catering: Catered
- Student types: Undergraduate
- Location: Village
At Elyvn Richards you will find:
- All En-suite rooms
- Beds are 4ft (double bedding recommended)
- Pillows supplied from 2016-17
- 4 en-suite wheelchair accessible rooms
- 5-8 students share large kitchen
- Catered 10 meals per week Mon - Fri: Lunch and evening meals (term time only)
- Self catering facilities for weekends and out of term time
- Weekly kitchen and communal area cleaning
- Quiet rooms available
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning (under review for 2018/19)
- Central card operated laundrette (The Hub)
- Games/common room (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike store
Due to the eco design of this new-build accommodation, there are on-going problems with regards to mobile phone connection within the building. It may be advisable to make alternative contact arrangements in case of an emergency (phones are provided in kitchens for internal University calls).
Accommodation packages available for 2017-18:
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 41 weeks @ £6,903.17 (plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Tuesday 26 September 2017)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Elvyn Richards Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Tuesday 26 September 2017
- Returning students: Sunday 01 October 2017
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 04 February 2018
41 weeks let: 26 September 2017 – 14 July 2018
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 02 February 2018 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 14 July 2018 (semester 2 and full year students)
Your Hall Manager is responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: Villagepark@lboro.ac.uk
Hall Manager: Linda Moulton
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222254 or 223803
Please contact the Front of House Manager/Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements.
Senior Duty Manager: Brett Bars
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223810
Chef: Aldo Guarasci
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223825
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Hilary McDermott
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222270
Mr Fabio Ferraz De Almeida
Miss Lou Tompkins
Miss Thais Sarda
Duty Mobile: 07591479007
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.