Re-applying to halls
Continue living in halls for your second, third or fourth year.
We have lots of students who decide to stay living in halls and a third of all our rooms are for returning students.
If you would like to be considered for a room in halls you just need to complete an online application between 10:00 on Friday 1 December 2017 and 12 noon on Friday 26 January 2018.
A few things to note:
- Students paying full Overseas Tuition Fees are normally guaranteed a hall place within the same hall for any two years of study providing they submit an application prior to the January deadline.
- Applications are welcome from students who were not offered a room in hall in their first year.
- Returning students are allocated a room at the warden's discretion.
- If you need a room for a disability-related reason, please note this under ‘do you want a particular room’. If you wish to return to an adapted/wheelchair accessible room, you should also email us your request. See FAQ - Additional requirements.
- Applications from students with outstanding accommodation fees for the Autumn Term 2017 will not be offered accommodation.
- If you are going on placement but have not yet received an offer, we suggest that you apply for a hall place. Your room bond will be returned upon completion of an Accommodation Cancellation Form and proof of your subsequent placement (within the required timescale).
- If you have arranged to go on placement for Semester 2, please note on your application that you will require a First Semester Licence only. If you have arranged to go on placement for Semester 1, please contact us in November 2018 to apply for Second Semester accommodation.
- If you wish to cancel an accepted Licence, you may only do so prior to 1 June 2018, you will be liable for cancellation charges.
- If you will be graduating and intend to return to Loughborough as a Postgraduate student, you can apply online for accommodation from April 2018 - please see our How to apply information.
For details on hall fees, please see our hall fees guide for 2018/19 (available from January 2018).
Student Village Project
As part of the University’s ongoing commitment to students, almost £50 million is being invested in a fantastic new hall of residence in the heart of the Loughborough campus. The accommodation will be built in two phases. The first 2 blocks will be complete for the start of the 2018 academic year, these will be annexed to Cayley hall and contracted on the Cayley dining package.
Art & Design Foundation course students - if you are currently on the Art Foundation programme, you will not be able to apply as a returning student. You should apply for your accommodation via UCAS as a new Undergraduate student, you will receive further information on how and when to apply from May 2018.