Student Customer Relationship Management (SCRM) privacy notice
How we gather your data
The data in CRM has been gathered directly from you. By ordering a prospectus, booking on to an event, registering an interest with us or making an application you are providing us with data which we will manage in a responsible and legal manner. Our web forms are provided by a secure third party supplier, GeckoLabs, who process data on our behalf. Data held by GeckoLabs is stored within the European Union in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you make an undergraduate or PGCE application to us through UCAS we will receive data to process your application. You may also provide your data by applying to us directly, for example, if you apply for a postgraduate programme or the Art and Design foundation course.
We also receive data from third parties subscription sites who will pass your data to us when you express an interest in Loughborough. The third parties we use are: UCAS, Whatunti, Hot courses, The Complete University Guide, Find a PhD, Find a Masters, Postgrad Solutions, Postgraduate Search, Prospects, The Student Room, and College Week live.
Types of data we hold
The information stored and processed by the University will include some or all of these areas:
- Biographical information including name, title, gender, date of birth
- Contact details including address, email address, phone numbers
- Communications sent to you by the University
- Preferred subject areas in which you have expressed an interest
- Events you have attended or will be attending
- Dietary and mobility/access requirements if you have provided these while booking on to an event
- Application data if you are an applicant we will hold your application data and the status of your application. This data may include any of the information provided on your application.
How we use your data
If you have made an enquiry to us
- we will use your data to fulfil any request you have made; such as sending a prospectus or booking you on to an event;
- we will also send you other communications which we believe will be of interest to you such as news and updates about the university and information about events and services. Most communications will be sent by email, but we may also contact you by post, telephone, or SMS;
- you are entitled to review or change your communication preferences at any time and you can request that we delete all of your data from our system. You can choose your preferred communication channels, for example if you are happy to receive emails but don’t want to receive phone calls.
If you have made an application to study with us
- we will use your data to process your application to study at Loughborough and send you any communications which require your action or provide information which is essential to the completion of your application;
- we will send you information which, whilst not essential to the completion of your application, is greatly important to the process of becoming a student – for example, information about visit days and how to apply for accommodation;
- we will send you emails containing information we believe will be of interest to you as an applicant; you can choose to stop receiving these emails at any time.
- we will use your data for reporting purposes such as monitoring trends in: subject areas of interest, number of enquirers who become applicants, and event attendance numbers;
- if you request for your data to be deleted information you have provided will be anonymised for reporting purposes, and we will no longer be able to identify you.
Who has access to your data?
Your data is held on a secure database located on infrastructure owned and controlled by Loughborough University.
Access to the database is strictly limited to University staff who have a genuine need to access the data for student recruitment and event management purposes. All staff who access the database are trained in system usage and data protection legislation.
You are entitled to:
- view any data we hold about you, edit that data, or request that we delete your data held within the CRM system;
- choose to not receive communications that are not essential to the fulfilment of your application.
To review or change your communications preferences you can click the link in any emails you have received from us or email us at the address below. Please also contact us by email if you would like to view, edit, or delete the data we hold about you.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about the data we hold and how we process it, or to action any of your rights stated above, please email email@example.com.