Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your device when you browse websites. Cookies can allow websites to recognise your device when you make a return visit. You can learn more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
The University uses different types of cookies for a variety of reasons. Some are essential to website functionality whilst others you can opt out of or block.
- make the website work as you'd expect
- remember your preferences during and between visits
- allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- collect anonymous data that helps the University improve the website
- highlight relevant information to you via our online marketing activities.
How to opt out of or block cookies
You can restrict or block cookies by adjusting your browser's settings. Doing so however can limit the functionality of our website. Please check your browser's help guide on how to do this. Websites such as www.allaboutcookies.org provide further information on how to opt out of or block cookies.
Types of cookie we use
Strictly necessary cookies
We use these cookies to make sure that the University website delivers you information and services optimally and securely. These are used for:
- determining if you are logged in or not to University applications
- remembering your search settings
- remembering your preferences such as colours, text size and layout.
You must accept these essential cookies to be able to make use of our online systems.
Disabling these cookies will most likely break the functions offered by these third parties
We use several tools that monitor visitor behaviour to help us improve the user experience and the online services we offer. The data collected is anonymised and cannot be used to identify you personally. We currently use:
We sometimes use tracking pixels to help us deliver online advertising and more efficiently promote the University. The advertising cookies we use are anonymised and cannot be used to identify you personally. We use: