Dr Baihua Li
Baihua Li received her BSc and MSc degrees in Electronic Engineering from Tianjin University and her PhD degree in Computer Science from Aberystwyth University. She has worked at Tianjin University and Manchester Metropolitan University before she joined the Department of Computer Science at Loughborough University. Her research emphasizes innovations and novel applications of computer vision and pattern recognition techniques in various fields. These mainly include:
- developing pattern recognition and machine learning methods for quantitative assessment of motor control functions and diagnosis of diseases
- developing robust algorithms for human motion tracking, motion analysis, activity recognition and behaviour understanding from multimodal sensor data.
- modelling, pattern analysis and recognition of high-dimensional, multimodal large datasets (e.g. video/imaging data, biomedical data, range data, MRI, ultrasound) for a wide range of science and engineering applications
More than 50 papers have been published in high impact journals and conferences of international standard, such as Pattern Recognition, IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern and IEEE Trans Biomed Eng.
She has completed a number of research/industry projects. Most of these projects are multidisciplinary and engage with researchers in other subject domains and partners from NHS, healthcare or entertainment industry. She was the Principal Scientist on "Dance: UK"project. In collaboration with Broadsword Ltd, the developed video game “Dance: UK” has been commercially successful.
Publications for Baihua Li can be found at:
- Human motion analysis, action recognition, behaviour understanding
- Computer vision, pattern recognition
- Image and signal processing
- Machine learning
- Computer graphics, motion capture and animation
- Data representation
- Computer games technology
Journal Reviewer for:
- Pattern recognition, IEEE Trans. Systems, Man & Cybernetics
- IEEE Trans. Industrial Informatics, IEEE Trans. Visualization and Computer Graphics
- Neurocomputing, Image and Vision Computin
- Journal of Applied Mathematics
- Journal IET Computer Vision, IEICE Trans. Information Systems, and Int. Conf. Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition & Image Processing.
Programme Committee for:
- IEEE Int. Conf. SMC 2013
- Int. Conf. Digital Media and Digital Content Management (DMDCM 2010, 2012)
- Face Behaviour and Interaction (FBI 2009)
- Cybergames’07, etc
- BMVA, EUCog, ZEMCH Zero-energy Mass Custom Home Network
- Director of Research Degree Programmes