Loughborough's Department of Chemistry has excellent industry connections and a strong track record in graduate employability. Our emphasis on hands-on laboratory experience is combined with opportunities to develop a wide range of transferable skills, equipping you with the skill set you need to stand out in the competitive market for graduate jobs.
Our strong commercial links are reflected in courses that are carefully tailored to provide you with the sound chemical education necessary to meet the needs of industry and support your own interests and career goals.
As such, graduates of the Department of Chemistry have gone on to pursue a wide variety of exciting and rewarding careers within a diverse range of organisations.
Recent graduate roles and destinations include:
- Laboratory Analyst - GlaxoSmithKline
- Quality Control Analytical Chemist - 3M
- Retail Specialist - Fujitsu UK
- Fuels Chemist - Lubrizol
- Materials Technologist - Pirelli
- Research Scientist - Unilever
- Graduate Auditor - PricewaterhouseCoopers
- E-commerce Auditor - Argos
- Biomass System Designer & Engineer - Barrier Energy
- Patient Services Co-ordinator - BUPA
- Forensic Scientist - Key Forensic Services Ltd
- Performance Analyst - Home Office
- Graduate Scientist - National Nuclear Laboratory
- Diabetes Care Specialist - Nova Nordish
- Flow Assurance Engineer - Shell Global Solutions
- Interim Process Technologist - Lyons Seafoods Ltd
- Account Executive - Havas Life Medicom
Graduates have also taken up careers in teaching, management and accountancy, or have gone on to pursue their research interests by undertaking a PhD.
Click the links below to read some our graduate success stories and see the varied paths our graduates take.