Dr Nicola Jennings
Foundation Programme Leader
Following completion of a Foundation course in Science at Stafford University, I obtained a BSc in Biomedicinal Chemistry and Biochemistry from Keele University in 1999 and went on to study for my PhD in Organometllic Chemistry in the Department of Chemistry, Keele University. In 2001 I joined Keele University as a technician and teacher assistant.
After spending 3 years in Keele, Staffordshire, I joined Loughborough University as a Teaching Fellow within the Chemistry Department. In 2007 I became Part A Coordinator, in 2015 Programme Director and 2017 Foundation Programme Leader.
My main research areas include:
- Bacterial Cell Synthesis
- Pedagogy with a focus on technology enhanced learning
- East Midlands Teaching Development Group
- FYF202 Synthesis and Spectroscopy
- CMA103 Laboratory Skills 1
- CMB103 Laboratory Skills 2
- CMB108 Principles of Biological Chemistry
- CMD401 Drugs: Modes of Action and Screening
- CMD402 Drugs: Synthesis and Properties
- CMP059 Pharmacokinetics and Drug Delivery
- CMP060 Drug Targets, Drug Design and Drug Synthesis