Dr Mark Elsegood
Senior Lecturer in Inorganic Chemistry
Manager of Single Crystal X-ray Diffraction
- Senior Lecturer in Chemistry, Loughborough University, 2011-date.
- Lecturer in Chemistry, Loughborough University, 2000-2011.
- Research Demonstrator and Temporary Lecturer, Department of Chemistry, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 1992-2000.
- BSc. (1984-87) & PhD. (1987-91) in Chemistry, University College London.
- Member of the British Crystallographic Association (BCA).
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), MRSC, CChem.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Supramolecular chemistry of hydrogen-bonded and π···π bonded systems.
- Benzene-, pyridine-, and pyrazinepolycarboxylic acid systems.
- Linking metal-bound carboxylate complexes with boronic acids.
- Ruthenium arene and other transition metal-based supramolecular arrays.
- Single crystal X-ray diffraction using sealed tube and synchrotron sources.
- Co-Editor Acta Cryst. C. 2005-2014.
- Member of the CCLRC (now STFC) Facilities Access Panel, Structural and Environmental College 2006-08.
- Tutor at BCA Durham Crystallography School, 1993-2003.
- Manager of Single Crystal X-ray Diffraction Laboratory.
- Programme Director for Chemistry.
- Module Review Officer.
- Member of Learning and Teaching Committee.
- Member of Staff-Student Liaison Committee (SSLC).
- Radiation Protection Supervisor for Sealed Beam X-ray Sources in Department of Chemistry and Member of University Radiation Protection Committee.
- Fire Marshall in Graham Oldham Building.
- CMA102: Fundamental Chemistry, 6 lectures.
- CMA105: Energetics and Equilibria 1, 4 lectures.
- CMA106: Structure and Reactivity 1, 7 lectures.
- CMB104: Spectroscopy and Analysis 2, 5 lectures on single crystal x-ray diffraction.
- CMC010: Environmental Chemistry, 4 lectures.
- CMD111: Inorganic Option A - Practical Aspects of X-ray Crystallography, 9 lectures, Internal Examiner.
- CMD112: Inorganic Option B - 1 lecture, Internal Examiner.
- CMC026: Investigative Projects.
- CMD001: Research Projects.