Dr Mark Elsegood
Senior Lecturer in Inorganic Chemistry
Manager of Single Crystal X-ray Diffraction
Senior Lecturer in Chemistry, Loughborough University, 2011-date.
Lecturer in Chemistry, Loughborough University, 2000-2011.
Research Demonstrator and Temporary Lecturer, Department of Chemistry, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 1992-2000.
BSc. (1984-87) & PhD. (1987-91) in Chemistry, University College London.
Member of the British Crystallographic Association (BCA).
Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), MRSC, CChem.
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Supramolecular chemistry of hydrogen-bonded and π···π bonded systems.
- Benzene-, pyridine-, and pyrazinepolycarboxylic acid systems.
- Linking metal-bound carboxylate complexes with boronic acids.
- Ruthenium arene and other transition metal-based supramolecular arrays.
- Single crystal X-ray diffraction using sealed tube and synchrotron sources.
- Co-Editor Acta Cryst. C. 2005-2014.
- Member of the CCLRC (now STFC) Facilities Access Panel, Structural and Environmental College 2006-08.
- Tutor at BCA Durham Crystallography School, 1993-2003.
- Part B Co-ordinator
- Member of Chemistry Department Operation Committee.
- Member of Staff-Student Liaison Committee (SSLC).
- Manager of Single Crystal X-ray Diffraction Laboratory.
- Radiation Protection Supervisor for Sealed Beam X-ray Sources in Department of Chemistry and Member of University Radiation Protection Committee.
- Fire Marshall in Graham Oldham Building.
- CMF002: Foundation of Inorganic Chemistry, 5 lectures.
- CMA005: Stoichiometry and Analytical Measurements, 8 lectures. Internal Examiner.
- CMA007: Concepts in Main Group Chemistry, 11 lectures.
- CMB005: Inorganic Structure Determination, 5 lectures, Internal Examiner.
- CMD111: Inorganic Option A - Practical Aspects of X-ray Crystallography, 9 lectures, Internal Examiner.
- CMD112: Inorganic Option B - 1 lecture, Internal Examiner.
- CMC016: Project 1.
- CMD001: Project 2.