As a university we are renowned for the relevance of our research. Our results help business and industry to compete more effectively, shape public policy and ultimately improve the quality of people’s lives.
Awarded 7 Queen’s Anniversary Prizes
A variety of scholarships, studentships and bursaries available
A TOP 10 Research University in England
Awarded 5* for Research
Our research strengths span the arts, humanities, social sciences, sport, science, design, engineering and mathematics.
Many of these individual strengths cluster around themes and we call these enduring world-class research areas our Beacons:
Our strengths are truly diverse as illustrated by just a small sample of our many centres of excellence.
In our Global Challenges programme, we work with international partners to deliver multi-disciplinary solutions to the biggest societal challenges of the day. These include:
- Changing Environments and Infrastructure
- Health and Wellbeing
- Secure and Resilient Societies
More about research at Loughborough
- Research at Loughborough is supported by £40m in new research grants every year.
- We have a research community made up of more than 2,500 staff and students.
- Our inclusive approach means that research is embedded in all we do and that our students benefit from the vibrant research culture we have created.
- We are well known for the breadth of our research partnerships with multi-national businesses and we have long-standing collaborative links with many public and private sector organisations.
Want to know more?
Find out more about the motivations, collaborations life-shaping solutions that are shaping our outstanding reputation in research.