65% of Loughborough’s academic staff are involved in internationally-leading research – the 17th highest proportion in the sector, out of 154 universities.
Seeking solutions to create positive change for some of the most challenging real life issues
Our research is having a significant impact on elements that affect our everyday lives. Take a look at just some of those impacts to date:
A reputation for excellence
Committed to excellence and impact we provide an environment where our academics and postgraduate researchers can excel.
We have also been awarded 5* for research as part of the QS Stars University Ratings 2014.
In 2014/15 we successfully secured £41.5m in funding grants and contracts towards our research efforts.
What you need to know about our research
- We have six interdisciplinary research challenges, that complement our disciplinary strengths; Changing Environments and Infrastructure, Communication, Culture and Citizenship, Enabling Technologies, Energy, Health and Well-being, and Secure and Resilient Societies.
- 70% of our research is carried out in collaboration with external partners – the national university average is 20%.
- We have world-class facilities available across all areas of our research.
- Our inclusive approach means that research is embedded in all we do and that our students benefit from the vibrant research culture we have created.
- Over 30% of staff right across the University are involved in pioneering research.
- The value of our current research portfolio is £41.5m.
Want to know more?
Find out more about the motivations, collaborations life-shaping solutions that are shaping our outstanding reputation in research.