5 Feb 2016
First International Conference on Geographies of Migration and Mobility set to take place at Loughborough University
The conference aims to cultivate and share different disciplinary perspectives of migration and mobilities. It aims to firmly fix the spotlight on the links between population and demographic research and, the wider social science tradition of work on mobilities.
The conference will consider key themes around migration including theory, the scale of the issue, politicization of the subject, social aspects and the people involved and affected.
Confirmed keynote speakers are:
- Rt Hon Nicky Morgan MP (Secretary of State for Education and Minister for Women and Equalities)
- Dr David Bissell (The Australian National University, Australia)
- Professor Russell King (University of Sussex, UK)
- Professor Clara Mulder (University of Groningen, Netherlands)
- Professor Gina Porter (Durham University, UK)
Professor Robet Allison, Vice-Chancellor of Loughborough University, will welcome delegates to the conference alongside the Vice-Chancellor of Leicester University, Professor Paul Boyle who will provide the welcome speech at the conference dinner.
Academics are being called to submit abstracts for the conference which is being organised by the Human Geography Research Group at the University.
The closing date for abstract submissions is 19th February. Entries should be no more than 150 words and sent to Professor Darren Smith.
The conference will take place on 18-20 July 2016.
To register for the conference, click here.