Staff in the Mathematics Education Centre are involved in a range of teaching across the School of Science and the University more broadly.
We teach undergraduate modules in mathematics and statistics to students from the Department of Mathematical Sciences, from the Engineering Schools, and from the Foundation Programmes.
- We teach postgraduate modules to students on the PGCE and the Master’s in Social Science Research.
- We supervise undergraduate and master’s dissertations for students from the Department of Mathematical Sciences, the PGCE and the Master’s in Social Science Research.
- We teach trainee mathematics teachers and observe and give feedback on their school-based teaching practice.
- We teach sessions on quantitative methods in research to postgraduate students from across the University.
- We offer one-to-one support in mathematics and statistics to undergraduates via the University’s two Mathematics Learning Support Centres.
- We offer statistics support to undergraduates, postgraduates and staff via the Statistics Advisory Service.