Aatif is the technical tutor where his role mainly concerns providing support and the development of technical resources for research within the Centre. He completed his undergraduate and master’s degree at De Montfort University (Psychology BSc and Psychological Wellbeing MSc). Aatif has also previously worked in a similar role for over 5 years previously at De Montfort University as the Senior Psychology Technician where he led, organised and provided support for staff and students teaching and research. During this role he was recognised for excellence in research support. His experience in health and safety, procurement, I.T, Psychophysiological equipment and experimental software will be similarly applied here. Aatif also has experience from other support roles, some of which include voluntary support in local and national initiatives on sport, wellbeing and inter-professional education. In one of his roles for support he was also awarded for improving partnerships by LRCB (Leicestershire and Rutland Cricket) board as well as county and nominated nationally by the ECB (English Cricket Board).
Aatif’s duties include:
- Providing technical and demonstrating support to staff and students
- Supporting research, technical and academic support to students for final year projects
- Procure new and maintain existing experimental equipment including eye-trackers, psychophysiological hardware and specialist experimental and statistical software
- Provide instruction and guidance with use of these to staff and students.
- Management and support of audio-visual equipment for the observation, recording and coding of behavioural data.
- Resolve problems in relation to the development or application of new or existing technology for research and teaching.
- Liaise with other technical support staff across the university on matters relating to teaching and research.
- Maintain the Centre’s psychometric test library and provide support and advice to staff and students in appropriate use of these.
- Support staff with open science practices with regard to technical and ethical/legal aspects, including preparation of data for archiving and responsibility for the Centre’s data store.
- Provide support with technical aspects of research studies carried out away from the university.
- Assist with project management of research projects. Oversight of health and safety risk assessments in laboratory areas.
- To work with the School Safety Officer, to take a proactive approach to health and safety within the School and contribute to the continual development of good practice using a risk-based approach.
- To act as Health and Safety duty holder as required
- To act as a technical representative on School/University working groups as required.
- To liaise with the Technical Facilities Manager on relevant facilities, equipment or infrastructure matters