Maximising your employment prospects
Loughborough prides itself on its ability to provide graduates who are highly sought after by employers.
Not only are our links with leading employers unrivalled, but during your time at Loughborough we also help you to understand and develop the range of attributes and skills that recruiters seek.
Year-on-year, record numbers of employers seek to recruit Loughborough students for placements, internships and graduate roles.
Employers value the skills our students gain by accessing an extremely wide range of extra curricular activities, as well as the quality of our academic courses. Loughborough offers a fantastic environment in which to progress your personal development in preparation for a successful career.
Our students benefit from far-reaching help and support from both their academic school/department and the Careers Network team, including:
- one-to-one advice sessions and drop-ins with professional careers consultants
- lectures and workshops on career planning, self-awareness and job search skills
- high profile careers fairs and events with top employers – our autumn careers fair is the largest of its kind in the country
- specialist employability and enterprise skills activities
- online careers information and advice from employers and alumni
- thousands of job vacancies and placement opportunities targeting Loughborough students and graduates
- opportunities for work experience, work shadowing and employer mentoring
- specialist support for international students
- a range of high profile skills masterclasses with input from leading employers
- mock interviews, assessment centres and practice online assessments
- dedicated enterprise staff and facilities to support student and graduate business ideas
Excellent industry links
Loughborough University enjoys excellent links with a large number of high profile employers as well as an ever-increasing number of smaller and medium sized organisations who all value students and graduates with the ‘Loughborough experience’.
It’s tricky to define but employers comment on how ‘well-rounded’ and employable Loughborough students tend to be. They like the range of extracurricular activities that students here have access to, as well as the quality of their academic courses. Many employers are also directly involved in the design and delivery of our degree courses.