We aim to foster and support an inspiring network of Loughborough researchers.
We aim to provide a ‘cohort-based’ experience for all of our research students by providing a range of seminars, conferences, networking opportunities and social events, in addition to our formal training programme. We see the highly networked nature of our postgraduate research programmes, and the resulting community of research students, as a hallmark of what defines the Loughborough doctoral experience.
Loughborough Doctoral College
All research students at Loughborough belong to the Doctoral College as well as to their own School or Department. The Doctoral College seeks to enhance the doctoral experience by developing a sense of community for researchers from across all academic disciplines.
In joining the Loughborough Doctoral College, you will receive:
- Comprehensive academic and professional skills training
- A careers programme offering resources, training and careers events
- The opportunity to apply for Doctoral College funding to support your studies, travel and extra-curricular projects
- A vibrant schedule of conferences, workshops and collaborative events
- The use of exclusive space for training, study and socialising