Entrepreneurial Design Management MSc
- Entry requirements: 2:2 (or above)
- Year of entry: 2017
- Full-time: 1 year
- Location: London
- Part-time: Up to 4 years
- School: Loughborough University London
Entrepreneurship is the focus of this programme. You will learn about the practicalities and challenges of establishing and running your own product design or manufacturing business.
Our MSc Entrepreneurial Design Management programme explores the makeup of a successful entrepreneur, and looks to uncover how entrepreneurial behaviour and skills can influence and inform the design process.
This programme builds on the strengths of our Design Innovation programmes, by supporting students to develop the skills required to take an idea from the drawing board to the marketplace. Through a series of individual and group projects, you will analyse entrepreneurial behaviour, and evaluate which contributions lead to the success of new product ideas.
- To enhance design skills and knowledge through theoretical and practical application individually and in multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary teams
- Develop collaborative behaviour through active learning and team work, analysing and evaluating problems and responding to challenges in real time
- To enable graduates to develop their critical thinking and insight to improve their effectiveness as designers
- To enable graduates to develop their analytical and research skills through undertaking a substantial entrepreneurial design management and evaluation project
- Develop an understanding of the importance of an entrepreneurial attitude in individuals and organisations
2:2 (or above) in Design, Innovation, Business, Media, Technology or related subjects. Applicants from non-Design backgrounds require 55% and above in their final year. Overseas qualification equivalencies can be found here.
All applicants for admission to Loughborough University must have a qualification in English Language before they can be admitted to any course or programme, whether their first language is English or not. Find out more here.
English Language requirements: IELTS 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 6.0 in each subtest (Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking) or equivalent.
Modules are assessed by a combination of essays, group exercises, presentations and time constrained assignments. Subject to your choices, there may also be exams.
Students will be asked to produce project briefs, concept drawings, user scenarios, storyboards, project blogs and multimedia documentation.
Take a look at our modules to see what assessments you can expect to undertake.
You will be well prepared for work within organisations or equipped for self-employment routes. The programme enables you to pursue a broad range of management careers in the private and public sector. In particular, we aim to enhance your career prospects and prepare you for roles in entrepreneurship and the management of small enterprises.
Graduates will also have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and career prospects further by undertaking an MRes or PhD programme.