Staying on track
For many of you, university is the first time you’ll be completely independent – living on your own, deciding what food to eat and of course, managing your own money.
Budgeting is no easy feat, especially if you have no prior experience of managing your own money. You’ll need to consider your income and try to calculate your outgoings; establishing a clear budget will see you through the year without any financial problems.
Here are a list of resources to help you budget successfully;
- Make a budget plan before you start university, we offer advice on how to do this here
- Work out the average cost of living
- Check to make sure you are getting all the financial help you’re entitled to
- Read our guide on how to bulk up your bank balance
- Take a look at the financial information available on the Student Advice and Support Service's website
- If you’re struggling or you are in debt, speak to the Student Advice and Support Service's team
Student advice and support service
There is lots of information on the Student Advice and Support Service's website including links to apps or budget spreadsheets which you might find useful. They are a free, impartial and confidential service based right here on campus for Loughborough students. To contact them either email them at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone them on 01509 222765 or book an appointment and speak with them directly.