Loughborough University
Leicestershire, UK
LE11 3TU
+44 (0)1509 222222
Loughborough University

Student Enquiries


If you have a complaint about a service provided by the University, you should normally raise this in the first instance with the member of staff, department or section responsible. You have the right to take your complaint to the Dean of School if you are not satisfied with the response you receive.

Comments or concerns about your programme of study may also be raised through student feedback forms and your departmental staff/student committee. If your complaint relates to the mark you have received or other aspects of assessment, then it is an Academic Appeal and you should consult the Academic appeals information.

A serious complaint may be pursued further through the University's formal grievance procedures - see Ordinance XXXVIII. You may also like to consult the Students' Union Code of Practice.

Students who have exhausted all internal routes for considering their grievance may pursue the matter through the Student Complaints Scheme operated by the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education (OIAHE). The OIAHE’s website (at www.oiahe.org.uk) contains full information on the scheme, and the OIAHE can also be contacted at:

Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education,
Third Floor,
Kings Reach
38-50 Kings Road

tel: 0118 959 9813,

email: enquiries@oiahe.org.uk.

Anyone wishing to pursue a complaint through the OIAHE must complete a special Scheme Application Form, downloadable copies of which are available from the website.

Student Self-Service

Review and update your student record online.

Find out more »

Student Handbook

For new and current students, the essential guide to studying at Loughborough.

Find out more »