Learn how to connect your device to the network of campus printers.
- Log in using your Loughborough username and password
- Search PC Clinic in the module search bar and click go
- Click PC Clinic, you may need to Self-Enrol, click Enrol me to do so
- Click on All Things Printing
- Open the MAC PRINTING FOLDER
- Click the MAC Printer Files.Zip to download the zip folder
- Once downloaded, click on the file to open
- Once downloaded, click on RichoPrinterDriver.dmg to open it
- Double click on RichoPrinterDrivers.pkg that opened in a separate window
- On the Welcome to the Richo Printer Software Install click Continue, Click Continue again and agree to the licence agreement
- Click install and enter your Mac username and password and allow it to install.
- Control click the second file and select open – Install the Student Mono Colour printer.pkg
- On the Welcome to install Student mono-Colour Printer install window, select continue. Go through the installation until finished.
- Check that the printer has configured by trying to print and checking if the printer is available in the list.
- Do a Test Print and enter your University User ID and Password.
Select Run and System Preferences
- Run the RicohPrinterDrivers.pkg
- Navigate to System Preferences and click on Print and Scan.
Complete URL field
Next to the Type field, select the drop-down menu and select Windows printer via spools.
The URL field should be filled in in the form of….
smb://student-print.lboro.ac.uk/student-mono– See Cups
The Name field will auto-populate. In the name field put in the short name for the queue (e.g. staff-mono)
Select General Option
For mono printers select the drop down menu next to the Colour Mode field and select Black and White. For colour printers select the drop down menu next to the Colour Mode field and select Colour.
Navigate to the bottom of the page and select Set Default Options
Optional: By default CUPS assigns all prints to single sided, to change this, change the duplex option from off to long Edge. Note this option should be changed if you wish to print to duplex(double sided) by default, if you only occasionally wish to print via duplex, then this can be done via the print window in the application you wish to print from.
Enter Admin credentials.
Repeat for other printers if required.
Once all printers have been configured, we recommend disabling the CUPS web interface for security purposes. To do this, launch Terminal, and type cupsctl WebInterface=no and press Enter.
If you are not bound to the domain when printing you will be prompted for your username and password.
Ensure that Registered User is selected, enter Name in the format username and Password completed with your University password.
If you are the sole user of your system you may choose to Remember this password in my keychain which means you will no longer be prompted for your username and password as the job will be sent to the printer automatically, and you will be charged accordingly when you print.
Go to the Start menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard or hover your mouse in the bottom left of the screen and click on the Start icon when it appears.
Once the installation is complete, you will be able to use these printers from an application of your choice.
Print credits are purchased from the ePayments system, SafeCom, using a debit or credit card and are allocated to your user account. You can also purchase printer credits from the Information Desk in the University Library (cash or credit / debit card) during opening hours.