Training and events
Every year we hold our research conference for doctoral researchers, research staff and academic staff.
Our multi-disciplinary and celebratory event provides all attendees with an excellent opportunity to network with one another whilst learning more about the vast range of research conducted at Loughborough University and Loughborough University London.
The theme of last year’s University Research Conference was ‘Influence & Impact’. It was chosen to enable current researchers to showcase why and how they are making valuable contributions to their field of interest and beyond. In total, there were 14 presentations, 36 poster presentations and three image competition finalists – we were highly impressed!
Oral Presentation Winners
- Morning talk winner (£100): Chris Cox, ‘What could YOU do if the Power of the Future was in YOUR hands?, School of Science
- Morning talk runner-up (£50): Monalie Bandulasena, ‘Continuous production of gold nanoparticles using glass capillary microfluidics’ - School of Aeronautical, Automotive, Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Afternoon talk winner (£100): Hankook Kim, ‘An investigation into the body size and shape using Healy and Tanner’s method (NHANES iii dataset)’ – School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences
- Afternoon talk runner-up (£50): Dr Michael Forrester, ‘Synchronised flame dynamics’ - School of Aeronautical, Automotive, Chemical and Materials Engineering
Posters Presentation Winners
- Best Poster (£150): Victor Jeganathan, ‘Helping Visually Impaired Children Run Independently Around a Running Track’ - Loughborough Design School
- Runner-Up (£100): Sarah Hampson, ‘3D-printed chips for particle and cell analysis’ – School of Science
- Highly Commended (£50): Nicole Coull, ‘Body mapping of human thermal sensitivity’ – Loughborough Design School
- Delegates Choice (£100): Awos Kh Ali and Iain Philips ‘Routing in Vehicular Networks’ – School of Science
Image Competition Winners
- Best Image (£70): Esther Phiri, ‘Queuing for water at a borehole’ – Centre for Renewable Energy Systems Technology
- Runner-Up (£50): Alexander Wright, ‘A bubbling plasma reactor for water treatment’ - School of Aeronautical, Automotive, Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Highly Commended (£30): Ghosia Ahmed, ‘Knowledge sharing and information security: A conflict of interest?’ – School of Business and Economics
Details of our 2017 Research Conference will be announced soon.