Graduate House provides social space and workspace for postgraduate taught and research students, as well as for mature undergraduate students studying at the University.
Located in the heart of Campus, Graduate House is the hub of Loughborough Doctoral College activities.
The collective vision for the building was to create a space that is functional and practical, as well as attractive and conducive to learning and socialising.
The building comprises the Loughborough Doctoral College's offices and training room, and the ‘Graduate Hub’. Located in the first floor of the building, the Graduate Hub includes individual and group workspace, kitchen facilities and a coffee lounge area for the exclusive use of postgraduate students. The name ‘Graduate Hub’ was decided by an on-line vote by post-graduate students and was seen as reflecting the role that the space will play in bringing together the University’s postgraduate community.
- Loughborough Doctoral College - home to most of the LDC team
- the large training room - which when isn’t being used for workshops, can be booked out by PG students for seminars, group work sessions, or to go in and work alone if you wish
- Graduate Hub... see next tab
- seating area for socialising or working (English weather permitting!)
Swipe-card protected, this is a space used and respected by all postgraduates.
What's here? Well, there's...
- free tea, coffee and wi-fi
- kitchen with microwave and fridge
- area to work in with 3 monitors for students to plug your laptops etc into
- tables for group work/socialising
- comfy seating areas for socialising