- General information
- Occupancy & costs
- Support & contacts
The hall is named after Robert Bakewell who was an eighteenth century agriculturalist from nearby Dishley Grange. This new hall was developed by our partners UPP and completed in 2009.
The newest undergraduate hall in the village park
Student types: Undergraduate
- All rooms have ensuite bathrooms
- 6 or 8 Students share large Lifestyle kitchen
- Weekly kitchen and communal area cleaning, fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- All beds are 4ft (double bedding recommended)
- Pillows supplied from 2016-17
- Central card/coin operated laundrette (the Hub)
- Games/common room (facilities subject to change)
- Iron provided
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Dining Package available - 10 meals/wk x 31 wks
- Bike Shed
Hall info: Due to the eco design of this new-build accommodation, there are ongoing problems with regards to mobile phone connection within the building. It may be advisable to make alternative contact arrangements in case of an emergency (phones are provided in kitchens for internal University calls).
Robert Bakewell Hall
A Parking Control Agreement is in force, for more information see: can I bring a car?
This hall is owned by UPP and managed by Campus Living, Loughborough University.
Located in the VILLAGE area of campus
Occupancy and costs
Accommodation packages available for 2016/17
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 41 weeks @ £5,438.73*
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (Dining Package 10 meals/wk x 31 wks) for 41 weeks @ £6,702.68
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Thursday 29 September 2016
# Dining package available upon request
- New Undergraduates: Thursday 29 September 2016
- Returning Students: Sunday 02 October 2016
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 05 February 2017
41 weeks let: 02 October 2016 – 15 July 2017
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 03 February 2017 (Semester 1 students)
- Saturday 15 July 2017 (Semester 2 and full year students)
Support and contacts
Our Hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your Hall.
Hall Manager: Linda Moulton
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 222254 or 223803
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Dr Katryna Kalawsky
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 226557
- Miss Louisa Ejim
- Mr Chris Cox
- Mr Rickie Bewsher
Duty Mobile: 07518420547
The Student Hall Committee is at the centre and pulse of hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students. For more information please look at the Hall website.
Hall Subs: Students are required to pay a subscription to the Student Hall Committee to support the activities of the Hall, usually collected on arrival.
This is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and maintained by the students on the Hall Committee.
Loughborough University accepts no liability for the content of this website.
All halls have their own facebook page. All new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.