- General information
- Occupancy & costs
- Support & contacts
Named after Harold Everett Falkner, founder and former head of Aeronautical Engineering. Also Alfred Thomas Eggington, awarded the Military Cross in 1916, former headmaster of Loughborough College. Our largest self-catering hall. "Falk Egg" as the hall is popularly known, is a community where the unique mix of cultures and ages helps to create a lively atmosphere.
Catering: Self catered
Student types: Undergraduate, Postgraduate and ERASMUS – 1 and 2 semesters
- Budget accommodation fully refurbished to a high standard
- Single bedrooms (without wash hand basin)
- Majority of rooms have longer beds for taller students (6ft 6")
- 2 adapted ensuite rooms, with standard width entrance doorway & corridor
- Designated postgraduate flats (114 rooms)
- Quiet rooms available
- Large Kitchen/Diner
- 7 or 8 students share 2 x showers & toilets in 2 or 3 storey flats
- Bedrooms cleaned fortnightly
- Kitchens cleaned weekly
- Communal toilets and showers cleaned daily
- Communal areas cleaned weekly
- 2 x Common/games rooms
- Card/Mobile App operated laundrette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike sheds
Falkner Eggington Hall
This hall is owned and managed by Campus Living, Loughborough University.
Located in the CENTRAL area of campus
Occupancy and costs
Accommodation packages available for 2016-17
- Single (without wash hand basin) bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £3,416.06*
- Single (without wash hand basin) bedrooms for 50 weeks @ £4,379.56*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Thursday 29 September 2016
Freshers and returners £45.00
Freshers packs £40.00
- New Undergraduates: Thursday 29 September 2016
- New Postgraduates: Thursday 29 September 2016
- Returning Students: Sunday 02 October 2016
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 05 February 2017
39 weeks let: 29 September 2016 - 01 July 2017
50 weeks let: 29 September 2016 - 16 September 2017
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10.00am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 03 February 2017 (Semester 1 students)
- Saturday 01 July 2017 (Semester 2 and full year undergraduate students)
- Saturday 16 September 2017 (Postgraduate students)
Support and contacts
Our Hall Managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your Hall.
For general enquiries email: FalkEggreception@lboro.ac.uk
Hall Manager: Philip Oldershaw
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223839
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Mr Simon Wombwell
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 222335
- Miss Sophia Tetteh
- Miss Fernanda Reisternbach-Goltz
- Ms Karmen Cheung
- Mr Stephen Murphy
Duty Mobile: 07757251452
The Student Hall Committee is at the centre and pulse of hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by student for students. For more information please look at the Hall website.
Hall Subs: Students are required to pay a subscription to the Student Hall Committee to support the activities of the Hall, usually collected on arrival.
This is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and maintained by the students on the Hall Committee.
Loughborough University accepts no liability for the content of this website
All halls have their own facebook page. All new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.