- General information
- Occupancy & costs
- Support & contacts
Named after Wing Commander Roy Sidney Baker Falkner, founder and former head of Aeronautical Engineering. Also Alfred Thomas Eggington, awarded the Military Cross in 1916, former headmaster of Loughborough College. Our largest self-catering hall. "Falk Egg" as the hall is popularly known, is a community where the unique mix of cultures and ages helps to create a lively atmosphere.
Catering: Self catered
Student types: Undergraduate, Postgraduate and ERASMUS – 1 and 2 semesters
- Budget accommodation fully refurbished to a high standard
- Single bedrooms (without wash hand basin)
- Majority of rooms have longer beds for taller students (6ft 6")
- Designated postgraduate flats (114 rooms)
- Quiet rooms available
- Large Kitchen/Diner
- 7 or 8 students share 2 x showers & toilets in 2 or 3 storey flats
- Bedrooms cleaned fortnightly
- Kitchens cleaned weekly
- Communal toilets and showers cleaned daily
- Communal areas cleaned weekly
- 2 x Common/games rooms
- Card/coin operated laundrette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike sheds
Falkner Eggington Hall
This hall is owned and managed by Campus Living, Loughborough University.
Located in the CENTRAL area of campus
Occupancy and costs
Accommodation packages available for 2015/16
- Single (without wash hand basin) bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £3,316.56*
- Single (without wash hand basin) bedrooms for 50 weeks @ £4,252.00*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Thursday 24 September 2015
Hall Subs for 2015/2016: £45.00 for freshers
Arrival Dates 2015/16:
- New Undergraduates: Thursday 24 September 2015
- New Postgraduates: Thursday 24 September 2015
- Returning Students: Sunday 27 September 2015
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 31 January 2016
Let lengths 2015/16:
39 weeks let: 27 September 2015 – 25 June 2016
50 weeks let: 27 September 2015 – 10 September 2016 (plus Fresher week)
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10.00am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 29 January 2016 (Semester 1 students)
- Saturday 25 June 2016 (Semester 2 and full year undergraduate students)
- Saturday 10 September 2016 (Postgraduate students)
Support and contacts
Our Hall Managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your Hall.
For general enquiries email: FalkEggreception@lboro.ac.uk
Hall Manager: Philip Oldershaw
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223839
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Mr Simon Wombwell
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 226103
- Mr Louis Fifield
- Mr David Stewart
- Mr Ricardo Twumasi
- Ms Karmen Chung
Duty Mobile: 07757251452
The Student Hall Committee is at the centre and pulse of hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by student for students. For more information please look at the Hall website.
Hall Subs: Students are required to pay a subscription to the Student Hall Committee to support the activities of the Hall, usually collected on arrival.
This is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and maintained by the students on the Hall Committee.
Loughborough University accepts no liability for the content of this website
All halls have their own facebook page. All new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.