- General information
- Occupancy & costs
- Support & contacts
Named after Wing Commander Roy Sidney Baker Falkner, founder and former head of Aeronautical Engineering. Also Alfred Thomas Eggington, awarded the Military Cross in 1916, former headmaster of Loughborough College. Our largest self-catering hall. "Falk Egg" as the hall is popularly known, is a community where the unique mix of cultures and ages helps to create a lively atmosphere.
Catering: Self catered
Student types: Undergraduate, Postgraduate and ERASMUS – 1 and 2 semesters
- Budget accommodation fully refurbished to a high standard
- Single bedrooms (without wash hand basin)
- Majority of rooms have longer beds for taller students (6ft 6")
- Large Kitchen/Diner
- 7 or 8 students share 2 x showers & toilets in 2 or 3 storey flats
- 2 x Common/games rooms
- Card/coin operated laundrette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike sheds
Falkner Eggington Hall
This hall is owned and managed by Campus Living, Loughborough University.
Located in the CENTRAL area of campus
Occupancy and costs
Accommodation packages available for 2014/15
- Single (without wash hand basin) bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £3,243.24 (plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Thursday 25 September 2014)
- Single (without wash hand basin) bedrooms for 50 weeks @ £4,158.00 (plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Thursday 25 September 2014)
Hall Subs for 2014/2015: to be confirmed
Arrival Dates 2014/15:
- New Undergraduates: Thursday 25 September 2014
- New Postgraduates: Thursday 25 September 2014
- Returning Students: Sunday 28 September 2014
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 1 February 2015
39 weeks let: 28 September 2014 – 27 June 2015 (plus Fresher week)
50 week let: 28 September 2014 - 12 September 2015 (plus Fresher week)
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10.00am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 30 January 2015 (Semester 1 students)
- Saturday 27 June 2015 (Semester 2 and full year students)
- Saturday 12 September 2015 (Postgraduate students)
Support and contacts
Our Hall Managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your Hall.
For general enquiries email: FalkEggreception@lboro.ac.uk
Hall Manager: Philip Oldershaw
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223839
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Dr Andy Harland
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 214284
- Mr Louis Fifield
- Mr Karthikeyan Ekambaram
- Mr Ricardo Twumasi
- Ms Karmen Chung (Holt)
- Ms Kajal Gokal (Holt)
Duty Mobile: 07757251452
The Student Hall Committee is at the centre and pulse of hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by student for students. For more information please look at the Hall website.
Hall Subs: Students are required to pay a subscription to the Student Hall Committee to support the activities of the Hall, usually collected on arrival.
This is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and maintained by the students on the Hall Committee.
Loughborough University accepts no liability for the content of this website