- General information
- Occupancy & costs
- Support & contacts
Named after Wing Commander Roy Sidney Baker Falkner, founder and former head of Aeronautical Engineering. Also Alfred Thomas Eggington, awarded the Military Cross in 1916, former headmaster of Loughborough College. Our largest self-catering hall. "Falk Egg" as the hall is popularly known, is a community where the unique mix of cultures and ages helps to create a lively atmosphere.
Accommodation in Falkner Eggington Hall is undergoing full refurbishment. Refurbishment is due for completion by January 2014.
Please see Loughborough Student Union video for update on the refurbishment.
Bedrooms: 355 (519 for 2014-15)
Catering: Self catered
Student types: Undergraduates
- Budget accommodation fully refurbished to a high standard
- Single bedrooms (without wash hand basin)
- Majority of rooms have longer beds for taller students (6ft 6")
- Large Kitchen/Diner
- 7 or 8 students share 2 x showers & toilets in 2 or 3 storey flats
- 2 x Common/games rooms
- Card/coin operated laundrette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike sheds
Falkner Eggington Hall
This hall is owned and managed by Campus Living, Loughborough University.
Located in the CENTRAL area of campus
Occupancy and costs
Accommodation packages available for 2013/14
- Single (without wash hand basin) bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £3,131.70 (plus £34.40 fee for fresher week)
Hall Subs for 2013/2014: to be confirmed
Arrival Dates 2013/14:
- New Undergraduates: Thursday 26 September 2013
- Returning Students: Sunday 29 September 2013
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 2 February 2014
39 weeks let: 29 September 2013 – 28 June 2014 (plus Fresher week)
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10.00am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 31 January 2014 (Semester 1 students)
- Saturday 28 June 2014 (Semester 2 and full year students)
Support and contacts
Our Hall Managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your Hall.
For general enquiries email: FalkEggreception@lboro.ac.uk
Hall Manager: Philip Oldershaw
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223823
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Dr Andy Harland
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 214284
- Mr Louis Fifield
- Mr Karthikeyan Ekambaram
- Mr Karmen Chung
- Mr Kajal Gokal
Duty Mobile: 07757251452
The Student Hall Committee is at the centre and pulse of hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by student for students. For more information please look at the Hall website.
Hall Subs: Students are required to pay a subscription to the Student Hall Committee to support the activities of the Hall, usually collected on arrival.
This is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and maintained by the students on the Hall Committee.
Loughborough University accepts no liability for the content of this website