- General information
- Occupancy & costs
- Support & contacts
Named after Wing Commander Roy Sidney Baker Falkner, founder and former head of Aeronautical Engineering. Also Alfred Thomas Eggington, awarded the Military Cross in 1916, former headmaster of Loughborough College. Our largest self-catering hall. "Falk Egg" as the hall is popularly known, is a community where the unique mix of cultures and ages helps to create a lively atmosphere.
Accommodation in Falkner Eggington Hall is undergoing full refurbishment. During 2012/13 the hall is 'on tour' in Village Court.
Refurbished Eggington Court (239 beds) will be ready for occupation for September 2013.
Please see Loughborough Student Union video for update on the refurbishment.
Bedrooms: 239 (520 when refurbishment completed)
Catering: Self catered
Student types: Undergraduates
- Budget accommodation fully refurbished to a high standard
- Single bedrooms (without wash hand basin)
- Limited number of longer beds for taller students (6ft 6") - please contact us to discuss availability
- Large Kitchen/Diner
- 7 or 8 students share 2 x showers & toilets in 2 or 3 storey flats
- 2 x Common/games rooms
- Card/coin operated laundrette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Freewire TV is only available by wired socket
- Bike sheds
Falkner Eggington Hall
This hall is owned and managed by Campus Living, Loughborough University.
Located in the CENTRAL area of campus
Occupancy and costs
Accommodation packages available for 2013/14
- Single (without wash hand basin) bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £3,131.70 (plus fresher week - dependent on arrival day)
Hall Subs for 2013/2014: to be confirmed
Arrival Dates 2013/14:
- New Undergraduates: Thursday 26 September 2013
- Returning Students: Sunday 29 September 2013
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 2 February 2014
39 weeks let: 29 September 2013 – 28 June 2014 (plus Fresher week)
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10.00am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 31 January 2014 (Semester 1 students)
- Saturday 28 June 2014 (Semester 2 and full year students)
Support and contacts
Our Hall Managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your Hall.
For general enquiries email: Davidcollettreception@lboro.ac.uk
Hall Manager: Tom Crabbe
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223823
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Dr Andy Harland
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 214284
- Miss Lisa Sherman
- Miss Karmen Cheung
- Mr Karthikeyan Ekambaram
- Mr Louis Fifield
Duty Mobile: 07757251452
The Student Hall Committee is at the centre and pulse of hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by student for students. For more information please look at the Hall website.
Hall Subs: Students are required to pay a subscription to the Student Hall Committee to support the activities of the Hall, usually collected on arrival.
This is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and maintained by the students on the Hall Committee.
Loughborough University accepts no liability for the content of this website