- General information
- Occupancy & costs
- Support & contacts
Named after Sir Clifford Butler, Vice-Chancellor of the University from 1975-1985. Butler Court is a very tight knit community where morale is high and there is a good social life. The warden is experienced in matching students with hobbies and interests - make a friend for life!
A room with a free friend provided!
Hafeez Ahmed, 20, Materials Engineering
Matt Walshaw, Hall Chair
Student types: Undergraduate, ERASMUS - 1 or 2 semesters, Sports Performance Athletes
- 3 bedroom flats, 3 - 6 students share a large kitchen diner
- Deluxe and Large en-suite rooms have 4 ft beds (double bedding recommended)
- Deluxe flats have sofa and TV in kitchen
- Shared twin rooms with en-suite bathroom
- Card/coin operated laundrette
- Large Games/Common Room – TV, Table Tennis, Table Football etc. (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike shed
This hall is owned and managed by Campus Living, Loughborough University.
Located in the EAST area of campus
Occupancy and costs
Accommodation packages available for 2014/15
- Shared twin bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £3,491.67 (plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Wednesday 24 September 2014)
- Single bedrooms without wash hand basin for 39 weeks @ £3,403.92 (plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Wednesday 24 September 2014) +
- Large single en-suite bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £5,121.48 (plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Wednesday 24 September 2014)
- Deluxe single en-suite bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £5,457.27 (plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Wednesday 24 September 2014)
- Large single en-suite bedrooms for 44 weeks @ £5,602.52
+ limited rooms of this type
Hall Subs for 2014/2015: to be confirmed
Arrival Dates 2014/2015
- Performance Sports: Sunday 31 August 2014
- New Undergraduates: Wednesday 24 September 2014
- Returning Students: Sunday 28 September 2014
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 1 February 2015
39 weeks let: 28 September 2014 - 27 June 2015
44 weeks let: 31 August 2014 - 4 July 2015
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 30 January 2015 (Semester 1 students)
- Saturday 27 June 2015 (Semester 2 and full year students)
- Saturday 4 July 2015 (performance sports)
Support and contacts
Our Hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your Hall.
For general enquiries email: Eastparkreception@lboro.ac.uk
Hall Manager: Christine Cox
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223819
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Dr Sean Mitchell
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 222080
Mr Suji Sogbesan
Mr Keddon Powell
Mr Thomas Payne
Duty Mobile: 07731990251
The Student Hall Committee is at the centre and pulse of hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by student for students. For more information please look at the Hall website.
Hall Subs: Students are required to pay a subscription to the Student Hall Committee to support the activities of the Hall, usually collected on arrival.
This is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and maintained by the students on the Hall Committee.
Loughborough University accepts no liability for the content of this website.