- General information
- Occupancy & costs
- Support & contacts
Named after Sir Clifford Butler, Vice-Chancellor of the University from 1975-1985. Butler Court is a very tight knit community where morale is high and there is a good social life. The warden is experienced in matching students with hobbies and interests - make a friend for life!
A room with a free friend provided!
Hafeez Ahmed, 20, Materials Engineering
Matt Walshaw, Hall Chair
Student types: Undergraduate, ERASMUS - 1 or 2 semesters, Sports Performance Athletes
- 3 bedroom flats, 3 - 6 students share a large kitchen diner
- Deluxe and Large en-suite rooms have 4 ft beds (double bedding recommended)
- Quiet rooms available
- Deluxe flats have sofa and TV in kitchen
- Shared twin rooms with en-suite bathroom
- Card/Mobile App operated laundrette
- Large Games/Common Room – TV, Table Tennis, Table Football etc. (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike shed
This hall is owned and managed by Campus Living, Loughborough University.
Located in the EAST area of campus
Occupancy and costs
Accommodation packages available for 2016/17
- Shared twin bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 39 weeks @ £3,691.84*
- Single bedrooms without wash hand basin for 39 weeks@ £3,599.09*+
- Large single en-suite bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £5,415.37*
- Deluxe single en-suite bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £5,770.25*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Wednesday 28 September 2016
- Large single en-suite bedrooms for 44 weeks @ £5,904.81
+ limited rooms of this type
Freshers and returners £70.00
Semester 1/Erasmus £40.00
Social Pass (Fresher week and half price Winter Ball) £50.00
- Performance Sports: Monday 5 September 2016
- New Undergraduates: Wednesday 28 September 2016
- Returning Students: Sunday 2 October 2016
- Semester 2 students: 5 February 2017
39 weeks let: 2 October 2016 – 01 July 2017
44 weeks let: 5 September 2016 – 8 July 2017
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 03 February 2017 (Semester 1 students)
- Saturday 01 July 2017 (Semester 2 and full year students)
- Saturday 08 July 2017 (performance sports)
Support and contacts
Our Hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your Hall.
For general enquiries email: Eastparkreception@lboro.ac.uk
Hall Manager: to be confirmed
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223819
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Dr Sean Mitchell
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 222334
Mr Solomon Osei
Mr Chuka Nwabunike
Miss Chenlu Li
Duty Mobile: 07731990251
The Student Hall Committee is at the centre and pulse of hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by student for students. For more information please look at the Hall website.
Hall Subs: Students are required to pay a subscription to the Student Hall Committee to support the activities of the Hall, usually collected on arrival.
This is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and maintained by the students on the Hall Committee.
Loughborough University accepts no liability for the content of this website.
All halls have their own facebook page. All new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.